Job title: Accounts Receivable Clerk (Collections)
- Follow up and contact patients and/or insurance for balances owing on aged listings
- Perform a variety of accounts receivable duties. Receives and posts payments; prepares adjustments and journal vouchers, issues receipts.
- Prepare and posts bills. Reconciles and/or balances daily receipts and/or accounts to the general ledger. Maintains collection files; follows up on delinquent accounts.
- Bill self-pay patient, out-of-province, WCB and similar sundry accounts; posts billing information such as charges for patient and medical agency accounts to the accounts receivable ledger and balances to the general ledger.
- Receive payments; enter information into cash receipts journal, balance and summarize journal and receivable accounts; match and check payments received against invoices and posts from journal to accounts receivable ledger.
- Enter submissions and resubmissions such as patient self-pay and patient agency charges, medical plan billings, room differentials, ALC and LTC charges. Distributes as appropriate.
- Verify invoices, statements and outpatient charge vouchers, admission and separation histories, etc. against source documents. Investigates discrepancies; contacts patients, relatives, social workers, immigration officers and/or applicable hospital staff for missing data ensure accuracy.
- Reconcile designated accounts; match to payments received, refund and invoices issued; identify and investigate discrepancies. Prepare adjustment information such as vouchers and credit balance refunds to resolve.
- Request refunds, transfer payments between patient accounts, review for foreign exchange batches, and other HRCM account correction adjustments
- Follow up on delinquent accounts; initiates and respond to correspondence and telephone contacts with patients, agencies and insurers. Trace accounts returned by Post Office.
- Respond to telephone and/or front desk inquiries on various issues relating to cashiering and/or designated accounts receivable portfolio.
What you bring
- Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized accounting course and two years recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
- Recent experience in Collections and Accounts Receivable is a bonus.
- Ability to keyboard at 40 wpm.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Operate related equipment (Excel).
- Perform the duties of the position.
- Organize work
Job typeRegular Full Time
Wage$23.34/ per hour +benefits
Location1795 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Interested in jobs like this?
Sign up for email alerts
Canada’s first provincial health services authority. Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) is one of six health authorities – the other five health authorities serve geographic regions o…
Location: Burnaby, BC
Job date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 05:23:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE