Job title: Administrative Assistant
Responsible for ensuring the successful preservation and restoration of a unique 900+ acre site, rare is located in one of the fastest-growing areas of the country
Job description (Administrative Coordinator):
As Administrative Coordinator you are responsible for ensuring the successful preservation and restoration of a unique 900+ acre site, rare is located in one of the fastest-growing areas of the country.
Its lands provide a natural laboratory for scientific study and research, and for rare’s related research-based educational programs. For information, visit us online
Supervised by and reporting to the Administrative Coordinator, while working in a team environment with all program advisors, staff and volunteers, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting with administrative and accounting-related activities.
This is a paid position, under Government of Canada – Canada Summer Jobs Program (pending). Requirements of funding include:
- The Participant must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
RESPONSIBILITIES as an Administrative Assistant INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Ensuring an effective office environment and standards across the organization;
- Performing activities associated with mail services;
- Supporting staff and volunteers with scheduling and organizing meetings and events;
- Assisting with the maintenance of the contact databases of sponsors, donors, suppliers, directors, volunteers, and other stakeholders;
- Providing coverage at reception and ensuring an effective reception area for all guests and visitors;
- Providing administrative support related to capital projects and strategic planning;
- Assisting with building and facility issues and arranging for technical support or maintenance;
- Assisting with volunteer management;
- Assisting in financial report creation;
- Performing bookkeeping tasks such as payables, receivable, and banking functions;
- Assisting with filing invoice and other accounting records.
- Background in office administration, business, accounting or related field;
- Experience with contact databases, preferably Sumac;
- Experience with accounting software;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience in writing formal correspondence;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, tact, and teamwork;
- Strong organizational, self-motivated, and great attention to detail;
- Flexibility and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks with solid planning skills and use of good judgement;
- Ability to prioritize time, work, and projects efficiently;
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint);
- An understanding of and commitment to confidentiality including demonstrated ability handling sensitive confidential information in all formats.
$16/hr, 40 hours a week for 16 weeks, pending approval of funding
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send resume and cover letter along with the names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers for three professional references in one pdf document to:
Kim Robichaud, Administrative Coordinator, rare Charitable Research Reserve,
No phone calls please. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. References will not be contacted until you have been short-listed and informed.
The rare Charitable Research Reserve strives to promote diversity in the workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals who meet the funding eligibility requirements.
You must to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
Upload Resume (optional)
Upload your resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 8 MB.
Are you human?
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
Expected salary: $16 per hour
Location: Cambridge, ON
Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 04:18:56 GMT
Note; Dear candidates, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% free of cost, please don't pay any fee or do not provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more...
Please share this job vacant to help other people