Job title: Bilingual Analyst, Finance Business Partnering (Position can be located anywhere in Canada)
Company: CMHC – SCHL
Job description: Sector: Finance
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): BBB
Salary Range: $54682.62 to $68353.27
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Finance team in our Office of the Deputy Chief Financial Officer sector. We use financial foresight and legal insight to improve housing affordability.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. As a Finance Business Partner, you will provide direct first-line financial guidance to clients and assist senior colleagues and management in a range of activities. These activities include but are not limited to forecasting, analysis, reconciliation, project monitoring, and reporting. In addition to supporting our internal lines of business, you will provide support in financial planning through our corporate plan and budgeting processes. This will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- Undergraduate degree in a related field such as accounting, finance or business administration.
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) or working towards a CPA designation would be an asset.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in a financial/accounting role.
- Understanding of financial statements and general accounting principles.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage several ongoing and competing projects.
- Ability to function in a sophisticated technological environment using tools such as spreadsheets, databases, applications as well as consolidation and reporting tools.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (in French and in English).
- Ability to clarify and explain financial concepts and respond to inquiries from internal stakeholders.
What you will be doing
- Contributes to the preparation of budgets, forecasts and budget impact analyses.
- Prepares and analyzes financial data, resolves issues and flags/escalates issues to senior colleagues and management.
- Performs reconciliations between systems, subsystems and reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of records and financial analysis to document expenditures and budget forecasts.
- Contributes data, information and analysis to senior colleagues and management and participate in advising on matters of capital and operational budgets, and forecasts.
- Actively participates in providing financial insights to internal stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Reponds to adhoc internal financial request for internal stakeholders related to budgets and financial consumption related to both personnel and non-personnel operating expenses.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID: 5031
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Charlottetown (PE); Edmonton (AB); Halifax (NS); Moncton (NB); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Quebec (QC); Saskatoon (SK); St. John’s (NL); Thunder Bay (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC); Winnipeg (MB); Yellowknife (NT)
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower salary range than is advertised for this position.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- All regular employees must be in their current role for a minimum of one (1) year prior to applying for a new position, if not, they must receive managerial approval to apply for a new position.
- If applying for a temporary assignment, please ensure that your Manager approves your application prior to submission.
- In all cases, regular employees must successfully complete the corporate probationary period prior to applying for a new position.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada’s official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
Expected salary: $54682.62 – 68353.27 per year
Location: Ottawa, ON
Job date: Sat, 03 Oct 2020 06:53:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE