Job title: Business Development Specialist – Vancouver Island
Job description: Do you want to be part of our innovative and entrepreneurial team?
Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and enjoy working in a team atmosphere? Are you an “outside the box” thinker who strives to implement continuous improvements? Do you take a strategic approach to your work? Do you enjoy in a fast-paced culture where your opinions are valued and respected?
Mitacs is a national not-for-profit that helps industry and non-profit partners solve strategic challenges by leveraging Canada’s world-class post-secondary talent and a global network of industry, academic, and government partnerships. Through these collaborations, Mitacs helps business and community partners succeed, improves students’ on-the-job skills development, and strengthens Canada’s world-class innovation ecosystem. At Mitacs, we strive to develop the next generation of innovators with vital research and business skills. In partnership with domestic and international companies, governments and academia, we support a new economy using Canada’s most valuable resource – its people.
To get a better understanding of Mitacs and read more about our values please visit our
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST – Vancouver Island “North of the Malahat”
This is not your ordinary sales job. Our business development team members are the bridge between academia and industry. They spot opportunities and take action on behalf of Mitacs. They are at the forefront of marketing Mitacs programs to businesses and professors.
The incumbent will be part of a team including “Employment Engagement Facilitators” employed through a partnership between Vancouver Island University and North Island College, where the goal of the team as a whole is to enhance university and college based work-integrated learning on Vancouver Island, North of the Malahat.
- Work closely with members of Mitacs Business Development, Research, and Programs teams to deliver high-quality programming
- Work closely with stakeholders at Vancouver Island University and North Island College to fully understand the needs of the researchers and students, find industry* opportunities and identify the best programs to leverage the research and other Work-Integrated Learning Placement (WILP) opportunities uncovered
- Create and maintain a network of partners/clients in industry and academia
- Introduce companies and not-for-profit organizations to various Mitacs programs
- Introduce companies to various university and college researchers
- Provide support to the Business Development Team as needed
- Provide business development support to all Mitacs programs as needed
- Provide business development support to Vancouver Island University and North Island College
- “Industry” refers to companies, not-for-profits and other eligible organizations that may engage with the various work-integrated learning opportunities offered by Mitacs, Vancouver Island University and North Island College. These organizations may also be referred to as “employers” or “partners” depending on the type WILP engagement.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree from a reputable post-secondary institution, preferably Vancouver Island University
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Enthusiastic and high-energy self-starter
- Team player
- Ability to think creatively and try new things
- Desire to pursue a career outside of research and academia
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high performance culture
- Ability to work remotely and ability to travel across Vancouver Island to various communities such as Tofino/Ucluelet/Port Alberni/Port Hardy/Campbell River/Courtenay/Qualicum/Nanaimo/Cowichan and work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Valid BC driver’s license
Special consideration will be given to applicants with an active social network with proven ability to promote participation and sponsorship in programs or initiatives in their community.
Mitacs fosters a culture where creativity, innovation, diversity, and inclusion are valued, encouraged and fostered. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and a team-based work environment, and we are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadian immigration laws may dictate that Canadians and permanent residents are given priority.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 22:49:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear candidates, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% free of cost, please don't pay any fee or do not provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more...
Please share this job vacant to help other people