Job title: Business Librarian
Job description: Applications are invited from qualified candidates for a full time, tenure-track faculty librarian position with the University Library. We are seeking an enthusiastic, innovative, and flexible individual to join our library team and work collaboratively with Edwards School of Business.
The University Library is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential. Library employees embrace an environment of inclusion that moves beyond simple tolerance to recognizing the richness in individual identities of people and diverse perspectives.
We encourage applications from individuals who share in this diverse perspective; in particular, members of groups who encounter barriers to equity including, but not limited to:
- those that experience discrimination due to race, colour, ancestry, religion and/or spiritual beliefs, or place of origin
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, and Indigenous peoples outside of Canada
- persons with visible and/or invisible disabilities
- persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions
Reporting to the Dean through the Associate Dean, Client Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality support for learning, teaching, and research
- Designing and delivering library and information literacy instruction as well as creating effective resources in a variety of formats
- Providing information services including research consultations to students, faculty, and researchers
- Managing collections of digital and print resources in assigned areas
- Developing collaborative relationships with relevant partners to understand their needs, support their priorities, and promote library services/resources
- Working as part of teams across the Library to advance strategic areas such as scholarly communication, research infrastructure, student learning, and decolonization of services, collections, and spaces
- Engaging in research and scholarly activity leading to the development of a formal program of research and contributing to the scholarly conversation via peer-reviewed publications and other outlets
Research and scholarly work is a requirement for tenure-track librarians as defined in the . Examples of librarians’ scholarly work can be found at . Librarians are expected to participate in collegial committee work, and are encouraged to engage with academic or professional organizations.
About the University Library
As one of Canada’s leading research libraries, the University Library serves as the intellectual hub of the University of Saskatchewan, providing resources, services, and spaces that facilitate inquiry, discovery and knowledge creation. Our faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and flexible work environment including a new and . The University Library is committed to developing welcoming, responsive, and accessible services and resources to support our diverse clientele with a strategic focus on Indigenous peoples. For more information, visit the University Library .
About Edwards School of Business
The Edwards School of Business offers a robust Bachelor of Commerce program with six majors, study abroad options, and a cooperative education program. At the graduate level, a variety of Master’s programs in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, and Marketing are offered. Training and professional development opportunities have resulted from developing close ties with the business community through the School’s Executive Education team.
About the University of Saskatchewan
The University of Saskatchewan’s main campus is situated on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis. The University of Saskatchewan is located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, a city with a diverse and thriving economic base, a vibrant arts community and a full range of leisure opportunities. The University has a reputation for excellence in teaching, research, and scholarly activities and offers a full range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs to a student population of over 25,000.
An ALA-accredited Master of Library and Information Science degree or equivalent library degree is required for this appointment. A degree in business or a business-related field, or prior relevant library experience is desired.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a potential for developing innovative learning support and resources based on sound pedagogy for the diverse needs of business students and will be committed to pursuing outreach and engagement opportunities with colleagues in the Edwards School of Business.
Candidates must also be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of business, economics, or social science information and data
- Understanding of current and emerging issues in business librarianship
- Ability to teach both groups and individuals effectively, in person and online as required
- Collection analysis and evaluation skills with a particular focus on digital resources and databases
- Ability to develop effective and collaborative professional working relationships, partnerships, and teams
- Commitment to developing professional knowledge and skills on a continuing basis
- Commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, and creativity
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Potential to meet the requirements for tenure and promotion through research and scholarly work
The salary bands for this position are as follows: Assistant Librarian: $80,116 to $96,301; Associate Librarian: $96,301 to $115,723; Librarian: $115,723 to $141,619. This position is anticipated to be filled at the Assistant Librarian level.
This position includes a comprehensive benefits package which includes a dental, health and extended vision care plan; pension plan, life insurance (compulsory and voluntary), academic long term disability, sick leave, travel insurance, death benefits, an employee assistance program, a professional expense allowance, and a flexible health and wellness spending program.
Interested candidates must submit, via email, a cover letter highlighting qualifications and accomplishments and detailed curriculum vitae to:
Charlene Sorensen, MLIS
Acting Dean, University Library
University of Saskatchewan
156 Murray Building, 3 Campus Drive
Saskatoon, SKS7N 5A4
Due to federal immigration requirements, we also ask candidates to indicate whether they are Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or are otherwise already authorized to work at this position for the duration of the appointment, with an explanation if this last category is indicated.
Review of applications will begin September 28, 2020; however, applications will be accepted and evaluated until the position is filled. The anticipated start date is March 1, 2021.
The University believes equity, diversity, and inclusion strengthen the community and enhance excellence, innovation, and creativity. We are dedicated to recruiting individuals who will enrich our work and learning environments. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
We are committed to providing accommodations to those with a disability or medical necessity. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work together on the accommodation request.
The University of Saskatchewan’s main campus is situated on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis. We pay our respects to the First Nations and Métis ancestors of this place and reaffirm our relationship with one another. Together, we are uplifting Indigenization to a place of prominence at the University of Saskatchewan.
Closes: 11 November, 2020
University of Saskatchewan, University Library
Saskatoon , SK
Expected salary: $80116 per year
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Job date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 23:13:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE