Job title: Class 3 / D Driver in Montreal for Canada Post
Job description: Class 3 / D Driver
Thirty-five (35) temporary, on-call positions available in Montréal, QC
Canada Post is an exciting place to work! And you can be part of it!
We deliver billions of items to Canadians each year – and you can be a big part of making this happen. As online shopping grows, we have a number of opportunities for qualified Class 3 / D and Class 5 / G drivers with an Air Brake Endorsement to be part of our team. As a temporary, on-call Mail Service Courier, you’ll join a list of drivers that are available to work locally on short notice, on an equal opportunity basis. You’ll use a postal vehicle to pick up and deliver mail items, and represent Canada Post in a professional manner with everyone you meet.
Does this sound like you? The role of Mail Service Courier would be a great fit if you:
- are a safe driver
- enjoy being behind the wheel
- like working on your own
- can meet time schedules
- take pride in serving your community
What will you do?
- You’ll load, unload and drive a Canada Post vehicle
- You’ll collect, sort and deliver mail items
- You’ll keep items and property secure at all times
- You’ll fill out documentation and keep records
- You’ll communicate with customers and the public
What must you have?
- A valid Class 3 / D or Class 5 / G driver’s licence with an Air Brake Endorsement
- A safe driving record for at least 3 years (driver’s abstract required)
- Experience in driving a 5-ton truck or other large vehicles, or in commercial delivery
- The physical ability to lift mail items weighing up to 22.7 kg (50 lb)
- The availability to work on short notice
- The ability to read, write and speak English and/or French
This would help, too!
- Experience in customer service
In return, we offer:
- Competitive pay
- On-the-job training about your duties and safety on the job
- Opportunities for permanent employment.
Today’s Canada Post
Canada Post is an e-commerce powerhouse, delivering billions of items every year. We help small businesses grow. We enrich lives in remote communities. We connect Canadians with each other and to the rest of the world. And we do all this by providing residential and business customers with the best possible delivery experience in the country.
We like to promote from within and can offer you a career rather than a job. While, like all of our mail service couriers, you’ll start out on a temporary, on-call basis, you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us and obtain a permanent position … even try out new jobs in different areas of the company.
For more details about these temporary, on-call positions (Job ID 24502), please click on the following URL: . To apply, please send your application to: .
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Location: Montreal, QC
Job date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 07:04:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE