Clerk III (Attendance)
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Assistant Chief Professional Standards & Policy Development, the Clerk III will work independently and as part of a team. The position will create and administer accurate attendance records, as well as manage a large number of WCB related issues. The clerk supports attendance management database and runs reports for various Managers as needed. In addition, the clerk provides general administrative support for Admin offices at #1 Firehall. This position performs a variety of clerical duties including:
- Researches, calculates and provides explanation on various reports such as seniority dates, gratuity calculations or various employee absence quota reports using SAP. Creates and runs a variety of reports in SAP, downloads information into spreadsheets, manipulates data for presentation to Management
- Reviews and validates Time Entry reports, time off requests, and gratuity trade requests ensuring that they meet the standards and forwards for approval to Manager.
- Ensures collective agreement and operational policies and procedures are followed.
- Creates termination reports with detailed, accurate calculations of all entitlements in relation to a member leaving the department.
- Provide scheduling details for modified duty staff including cross shifting and remaining vacation quotas.
- Performs other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is essential.
- Good computer and numeric skills with a high degree of accuracy, including the ability to learn new programs and procedures.
- Strong understanding of City policies, guidelines and procedures is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, with superior verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare business correspondence, presentations and reports. Ability to exercise substantial discretion and deal with sensitive and confidential information.
- Must possess very strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, clients, VFRS uniformed members and the public as part of reception for the Department.
- Excellent organizational skills with a proven ability to manage and process a high variety and volume of administrative duties, ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines with a high degree of accuracy under minimal supervision with multiple interruptions.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP, ESAFs and VanDocs is also required. A sound knowledge of VFRS practices and operations as well as a demonstrated ability to quickly learn VFRS data base programs would be an asset.
Business Unit/Department: Professional Standards & Policy Development /Vancouver Fire Rescue Services
Employment Type: Regular Full Time (RFT)
Position Start Date: October 26th 2020
Position End Date: N/A
Salary Information: Pay Grade 17: $27.45 to $32.25 per hour
Application Close: October 13th 2020
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE