Job title: Coastal Stewardship Assistant
Job description: Conditions: Full-time, temporary (June – August 2016), Monday to Friday (35 hours/week), some evenings & weekends required (start date pending funding approval)
Wage: $11.25 per hour (dependent upon Canada Summer Jobs funding approval)
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: April 14, 2016 by 12pm EST
The mission of the Lake Huron Centre for Coastal Conservation (the Coastal Centre) is to provide leadership and expertise, in collaboration with partners, to achieve a healthy Lake Huron coastal ecosystem. The Coastal Centre is an organization dedicated to the conservation of Lake Huron’s natural shoreline environment by preserving, protecting, restoring and improving the natural resources and environment of Lake Huron.
The Coastal Stewardship Assistant will assist the Coastal Stewardship Coordinator in implementing the Centre’s restoration and stewardship projects. This will involve organizing and attending community events, delivering presentations on coastal conservation issues; some wetland and dune restoration field work; and additional project work such as data management, and report writing. The ideal candidate will be a well-organized and enthusiastic self-starter.
- Organize and attend local events, set up booths, deliver presentations on coastal conservation issues.
- Prepare educational materials, advertising materials for review, such as fact sheets and media releases
- Some field work assisting with dune and coastal wetland restoration projects, following Health and Safety protocols.
- Communicate with volunteers in the Coast Watchers citizen science program.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in a university or college program focusing on environmental science, ecosystem management, ecological restoration, resource management, or related disciplines.
- Knowledge of coastal ecosystem processes, coastal conservation principles.
- Ability to identify Ontario’s flora and fauna, especially coastal plants.
- Experience presenting to various audiences and engaging the public in conservation issues.
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions and on rugged terrain.
- Familiar with MS Office, Adobe software, social media.
- Ability to prepare a detailed work plan, take initiative, and work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Possess a valid Class “G” Ontario driver’s license, as well as access to a reliable vehicle and have adequate insurance coverage.
- Standard First Aid – Level C CPR first-aid certification is an asset.
In Addition, Eligible Applicants Must:
- Be between 17 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Interested applicants must forward a cover letter and resume, in one PDF file, via email to:
Erinn Lawrie, Coastal Stewardship Coordinator
No telephone calls please
Please Note: Position is dependent upon external funding, yet to be received by the Coastal Centre
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. The Lake Huron Centre for Coastal Conservation is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The Lake Huron Centre for Coastal Conservation will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
You must to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
Upload Resume (optional)
Upload your resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 8 MB.
Are you human?
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
Expected salary: $11.25 per hour
Location: Goderich, ON
Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 00:08:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear candidates, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% free of cost, please don't pay any fee or do not provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more...
Please share this job vacant to help other people