Job title: Conservation Ecologist Assistant
Job description: Responsible for ensuring the successful preservation and restoration of a unique 900+ acre site, rare is located in one of the fastest growing areas of the country. Its lands provide a natural laboratory for scientific study and research, related education and research based education programs. Supervised by and reporting to the Conservation Technician, while working in a team environment with all program advisors, staff and volunteers, the Conservation Ecologist Assistant is responsible for conducting regular community trail maintenance and monitoring activities, assisting in the planning and implementation of various restoration projects across the reserve, and other related duties as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
· Trail brushing, monitoring, and other stewardship activities as needed
· Assisting in planning and implementation of restoration projects across the property as they arise
· Coordinating with volunteer groups to facilitate volunteer stewardship days
· Mapping and management of invasive species, including Giant Hogweed
· Property geocaching reconnaissance
· Maintenance of tools and equipment
· Be available to work occasional evenings and weekends for rare community events
· Background in ecology, environmental management, resource management, biology, or related field
· Experience working outdoors in all weather conditions
· Physically fit; able to lift heavy weights
· Access to a personal vehicle
· Valid G class driver’s license
· A strong work ethic; ability to work well as an individual and part of a team
· Knowledge of flora and fauna of southern Ontario, including Carolinian species, is an asset
· Knowledge of invasive species and their management is an asset
· Experience using tools and equipment such as a GPS and Geographic Information Systems
· Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
· Registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intending to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
· Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
· Legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
This job is subject to government funding approval.
Application deadline is Monday, March 13th, 2017 at 5:00pm.
Please send resume and cover letter in ONE pdf along with the names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers for three professional references to:
rare Charitable Research Reserve
Telephone: 519-650-9336 x121
The rare Charitable Research Reserve strives to promote diversity in the workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals who meet the funding eligibility requirements.
You must to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
Upload Resume (optional)
Upload your resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 8 MB.
Are you human?
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
Location: Cambridge, ON
Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 03:03:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear candidates, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% free of cost, please don't pay any fee or do not provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more...
Please share this job vacant to help other people