Job title: Coordinator, Recreational Programs
Company: CNIB Foundation
Job description: Temporary, Kingston ON
Reporting to the Manager, Advocacy and Government Affairs and the Team Coordinator, this position will assist in the execution of CNIB’s national and regional programming initiatives. The successful candidate will engage in the development and implementation of peer support and recreation programming initiatives for participants living with sight loss. Your impact at CNIB
- Provide support with the development and implementation of interactive activities and programming for people of all ages living with sight loss from youth to seniors.
- Inclusively facilitate recreation and leisure programs for participants with sight loss, along with family members and friends, regardless of income.
- Coordinate community outreach efforts with regional and local CNIB foundation staff.
- Provide communication support such as key messages, social media and program offerings.
Requirements We want to hear from you if you:
- will be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with Ontario legislation and regulations.
- have experience in researching, implementing, and facilitating programs
- have strong organizational and communication skills
- are proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Personal or professional experience relating to blindness and sight loss is considered an asset
- Personal or professional experience working with assistive technology and/or accessible environments is considered an asset
CNIB is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, women, candidates with disabilities, and candidates of colour. We strongly encourage applications from applicants with sight loss. Direct lived experience would be a definite asset. We’re excited to review your application!
Please note: while we invite applications from all interested and qualified applicants, we are unable to follow-up with every applicant.
Closing date: September 25, 2020
Location: Kingston, ON
Job date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 22:33:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE