Job title: Ecological Monitoring Assistant
Job description: Responsible for ensuring the successful preservation and restoration of a unique 900+ acre site, rare is located in one of the fastest growing areas of the country. Its lands provide a natural laboratory for scientific study and research, related education and research based education programs. For information, visit us online at www.raresites.org
Supervised by and reporting to the Program Scientist- Research Priorities, Partnerships & Monitoring, and working in a team environment with all program advisors, staff and volunteers, the Ecological Monitoring Assistant is responsible for conducting butterfly monitoring, and other related duties as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
· Monitor butterfly populations using a standardized protocol within the rare Charitable Research Reserve;
· Complete forest inventory and invasive species surveys within the rare Charitable Research Reserve;
· Complete road impact surveys on foot and by bicycle;
· Complete data entry tasks;
· Deliver weekly insect-themed programs at rare summer ECO Camps;
· Assist with other rare events as required;
· Attend regular staff meetings to report on progress and preliminary findings.
· Enrolled in a post-secondary program related to any of the environmental or biological sciences;
· Experience using keys for species identification and familiarity and comfort using field guides;
· Willing and able to walk and bike long distances and spend long periods outdoors in all weather conditions;
· Previous fieldwork experience would be an asset;
· Prior knowledge of southern Ontario butterfly taxonomy and tree species would be an asset;
· Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
· Access to a bicycle would be an asset.
· Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
· Registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intending to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
· Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
· Legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Salary: $525 per week based on a 35 hour week. The contract is for 16 weeks beginning May 8th, 2017 pending approval of funding.
Application deadline is Monday March 13th, 2017 at 5:00pm
Please send resume and cover letter in ONE pdf along with the names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers for 3 professional references to:
rare Charitable Research Reserve
phone: 519-650-9336 ext.111
The rare Charitable Research Reserve strives to promote diversity in the workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals who meet the funding eligibility requirements.
You must to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
Upload Resume (optional)
Upload your resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 8 MB.
Are you human?
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
Expected salary: $525 per week
Location: Cambridge, ON
Job date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 23:06:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear candidates, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% free of cost, please don't pay any fee or do not provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more...
Please share this job vacant to help other people