Job title: EDUCATION ASSISTANT
Job description: The rare Charitable Research Reserve is a 900+ acre urban land trust and environmental institute in Waterloo Region/ Wellington. Since inception, the rare has taken care of the land on behalf of the community through the use of Western tools in conservation, research and education. As rare becomes engaged in reconciliation with the Indigenous Peoples of Turtle Island (North America), these pillars will equally include and value Indigenous ways of knowing and being – to become three strands of a strong braid. Together we will steward these lands with respect for generations pasts, present and those yet to come, intact in perpetuity with trees more than 250 years old, 24 habitat types, and 6 of 8 pre-settlement landscapes.
Supervised by and reporting to the Gill Ratcliffe Educator and the Program Coordinator & Facilitator, while working in a team environment with all program advisors, staff and volunteers, the Education Assistant is responsible for assisting in the delivery of our Summer ECO Camp program, School Modules, and other related duties as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
· Delivering hands-on nature-based activities to elementary and secondary aged children
· Delivery of curriculum based materials
· Preparation and clean-up of daily activities and equipment maintenance
· Participation in documentation and administration duties
· Guiding interpretive hikes
· Assist with rare events as required
· Attend regular staff meetings to report on progress
· Education in biology, ecology, environmental sciences, outdoor and recreational studies, or related discipline
· Experience in developing and delivering programming to children
· A current police check, including Vulnerable Sector
· Physically fit and able to participate in all-weather hikes over rough terrain
· Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
· French competency is considered to be a strong asset
· Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
· Registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intending to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
· Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
· Legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
This job is subject to government funding approval. Application deadline is Friday, March 16, 2018. Applicants should send resume and cover letter along with the names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers for three professional references in one pdf document to:
Gill Ratcliffe Educator
rare Charitable Research Reserve
No phone calls please. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
You must to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
Upload Resume (optional)
Upload your resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 8 MB.
Are you human?
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
Location: Cambridge, ON
Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 00:21:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear candidates, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% free of cost, please don't pay any fee or do not provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more...
Please share this job vacant to help other people