Job title: Education & Outreach Assistant
Job description: – Assist with various special events such as the Outdoor Series, Seymour Family Fishing Day, Hastings County Plowing Match, etc.
– Assist with youth environmental education activities including the Tri-County Children’s Water Festival, summer day camp presentations, etc.
– Research, develop and deliver educational programming for in class, guided tours, and special events
– Communicate effectively and courteously with community members, promoting good public relations and an enjoyable customer experience
– Research and report on topical scientific issues
– Process and enter collected data
– Assist with the marketing and promotion of Lower Trent Conservation programs & services including publications, website, and social media
– Assist with frontline customer service
– Post-secondary background in environmental studies (geography, biology, ecology) or outdoor recreation
– Experience working with children and the general public
– Creative, organized, and able to work independently
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Photography, graphic design, social media/website development skills
– Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator/InDesign/Photoshop, etc.
– Valid driver’s license within the Province of Ontario
– To be eligible, you must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment; be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment (international students are not eligible); and, have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
– Duration: 16 weeks
– Start date: May 11, 2020
– Hourly rate: $14.00/hour
– Hours of work: 40 hours/week – may be some time on weekends
Note: duration & start date tentative and dependent on availability of funding
HOW TO APPLY:
Forward your cover letter and resume (email preferred) clearly marked “Education & Outreach Assistant” by March 20, 2020 at 4:00pm local time to:
Corinne Harris, Environmental Education Technician
Lower Trent Conservation, 714 Murray Street, RR 1, Trenton, ON K8V 5P4
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Lower Trent Conservation is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Lower Trent Conservation will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
You must to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
Upload Resume (optional)
Upload your resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 8 MB.
Are you human?
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
Expected salary: $14 per hour
Location: Trenton, ON
Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 00:25:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear candidates, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% free of cost, please don't pay any fee or do not provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more...
Please share this job vacant to help other people