Job title: Education Program Assistant
Job description: Position Description: the Education Program Assistant assist in developing and delivering weekly educational programs and public outreach pertaining to local ecology and the Georgian Bay Biosphere to a variety of audiences.
1. Assist in the development and delivery of environmental education programs including Kids in the Biosphere,
Explore Our Shores hikes, and community based events.
2. Design and facilitate weekly education programs and guided walks to local and seasonal audiences of various
age groups on regional environmental topics.
3. Manage a table display at events and present to a general audiences on various environmental topics.
4. Create and distribute promotional materials, including posters, website content, and social media.
5. Provide ongoing administration support, liaise on behalf of the GBBR, create event reports and
recommendations, and carry out various research as needed.
6. Provide occasional field support for species at risk monitoring.
7. Other duties as assigned.
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- Have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a fulltime basis in the next academic year.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the immigration and refugee protection for the duration of the employment.
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Experience in a leadership role, public outreach, project management and environmental education.
- University or college-level education in environmental studies and/or environmental education.
- Strong knowledge of regional geography, flora and fauna.
- Computer literacy and strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Hold or be able to obtain a Police Record Check with the Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Be highly motivated, independent, organized and able to travel. Must work well in a team environment.
- First Aid/CPR/AED certified is an asset.
- Field survey or research experience is an asset.
Duration: May 7th 2018 – August 31st, 2018 (17 weeks)
Hours: A normal week will be 35 hours. This position works with volunteers and will require weekend and evening work. Time-off will be provided in lieu of time worked on weekends and evenings.
Application Deadline: March 23rd, 2018
Please email resume and cover letter to Delaina Arnold at email@example.com
Only successful candidates will be contacted. This position is partially funded by government of Canada
You must to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
Upload Resume (optional)
Upload your resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 8 MB.
Are you human?
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
Expected salary: $16 per hour
Location: Parry Sound, ON
Job date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 23:26:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear candidates, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% free of cost, please don't pay any fee or do not provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more...
Please share this job vacant to help other people