MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable.
It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Engineer, NSMC (NSS, TX/MPLS) (Supervisory)
- Improve Network performance by providing real time and prompt resolution to all network faults on MTNN network.
- Assist in implementation of an automated system for daily NSMC activities
- Activate newly integrated nodes (core element) after normal working hours, weekends, and public holidays to ensure optimal network
- performance and meet business objectives and plans at all times.
- Carry out network management; faults detection, troubleshooting, escalation and resolution of all core and transmission nodes.
- Detect, diagnose and acknowledge alarms from all core and transmission Nodes or Elements.
- Ensure real time performance management of all core and transmission network elements.
- Provide daily reports and make recommendations aimed at improving network quality.
- Troubleshoot, escalate where required and ensure that faults on the network are actioned/resolved in line with specified targets
- Act as interface and provide access reference number to MTN Contractors, Operational Maintenance Centre Engineers and other GSM/PTOs Companies for planned work and change request.
- Provide security information to all regional security offices across the country to protect all MTNN equipment’s through network surveillance.
- Provide ideas and feedback on software tools, procedures and improvements to NSMC functionality.
- Provide ideas and feedback on status of the network to the relevant planning units based on specific KPIs such as Processor Load etc.
- Ensure proper management and implementation of all network changes according to the organization process and procedures.
- Manage Network Changes and ensuring that changes on MTNN network are in line with company policies and procedures
- Ensure NSMC Shift Hand-Over Procedure is strictly adhered to.
- Interface with third party companies (Co-location partners and other GSM Company providers) to ensure uninterrupted links between MTNN and clients, to reduce service outage hour during fault resolution and mean time to repair fault (MTTR)
- Provide regular updates on MTNN performance and other network issues to all the stake holders (management, escalation unit, sales and distribution, customer relations, marketing and other relevant departments in the organization).
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- Fluent in English
- First degree in Electrical Electronics /Computer Science/Engineering or a related field.
- Procession of professional certification (UNIX, CCNA) certification beneficial
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in light current, telecommunications or a related field.
- Experience in GSM switching environment preferably working on Ericsson, Huawei and Siemens switches is desirable
- Basic knowledge of IP Infrastructure and Networking in an Operations and Maintenance Center, Network Management Center and Network Operations Center
- BA, BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note; Dear candidates, this vacancy is 100% free of cost, please don't pay any fee or do not provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card many more...
The Company only, call the interview those who are selected
Please share this job vacant to help other people