Job title: Fundraising Specialist
Job description: Job Title: Fundraising Specialist
Reporting to: Director of Partnerships
Location: may work from all 3 CSI locations and remotely
Employment Type: Full time (37.5h/week), permanent
Compensation: $55,000-$65,000 annually, commensurate with experience
CSI and its affiliated charity, the CSI Institute work together to inspire, catalyze, and support social innovation in Toronto, across Canada, and around the world. CSI is a nonprofit social enterprise which operates 3 locations in Toronto, serves over 1000 social purpose organizations and is building the Next Economy with its innovation and acceleration programs. The CSI Institute supports social innovation education, network-building, and development of the social innovation field.
At CSI, we don’t just want to treat the symptoms – we want to get at the root causes of complex issues and actually shift the game. Collaboration, entrepreneurship and systems change are embodied in everything we do. We have the passion and drive of a young tech start-up but remain rooted in the social movements of the ‘60s and ‘70s. We are wildly optimistic while being deeply pragmatic. We are making social change and having fun doing it.
About the Opportunity
You will work side-by-side with the Director of Partnerships to grow fundraising at CSI. You will be exposed to all aspects of fundraising and revenue generation, and your experience will help to shape how fundraising gets done. You will conduct prospect research to grow our fundraising pipeline, and support the moves management process. If meeting deadlines keep you motivated, you’ll have a lot of fun handling CSI’s grants portfolio!
- Support the Director of Partnerships in the moves management process and assist in the development of cultivation and solicitation strategies for all prospects to strengthen CSI’s prospect pipeline, and achieve fundraising goals
- Be an active and collaborative staff member, attending internal and external meetings to achieve Partnerships goals and staying up-to-date on all activity at CSI
- Oversee the stewardship process, working with internal stakeholders to ensure timely reporting and appropriate recognition
- Maintain up-to-date central donor/prospect files and CRM
- Develop and monitor the grants and foundations portfolio, working with other CSI teams to ensure we are on top of deadlines and are submitting the strongest applications possible
- Participate in identifying potential individual, corporate and foundation donors and sponsors by utilizing a variety of reference materials, databases and online research
- Produce a range of fundraising content and collateral in collaboration with other staff and Departments
- +5 years of fundraising experience, with an understanding of the Major Gifts process, how to build a pipeline, research and communications
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of experience or education in a related discipline
- Highly effective written communications skills, with a focus on writing, editing and proofreading
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, CRM i.e. Salesforce, commercial information services, and relevant Internet search tools
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in writing grant applications and monitoring deadlines and deliverables
- Experience soliciting donors and/or sponsors at the
$25k level * Know how to conduct prospect research and focus on what’s important to identify prospects for CSI’s Programs
- Ability to convey priority needs to various audiences, generating enthusiasm and interest in readers
- A positive, helpful attitude, with an ability to manage the pace and flow that comes with growing a fundraising portfolio
- A team player, with excellent interpersonal and listening skills, and the ability to work independently, take initiative, exercise good judgment, excited to learn and to teach others
- Ability to handle sensitive information ethically, accurately and confidentially
- APF membership is an asset
As with all members of the CSI Group staff team, you will be expected to:
- Connect people and ideas
- Brighten peoples’ days
- Be at the heart of an incredible community
- Build social networks
- Create a culture of openness, sharing, and caring
What you can expect working with us
We are a dynamic and collaborative team invested in our mission. We are constantly seeking to improve processes and increase our impact.
We advocate for the presence and contributions of all people regardless of ability, age, cultural background, education, ethnic origin, gender expression, gender identity, immigration status, language, marital status, nationality, physical appearance, political affiliations, perspective, race, religion, sexual orientation, sexuality, family status, socioeconomic status, or other such considerations, and intersectionalities therein. We strongly encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
How to Apply
Please submit your application , including your resume and cover letter as soon as you are interested.
Only those selected will be contacted via e-mail and/or phone call.
Please let us know of any specific requirements needed in advance of visiting any our spaces – we will be happy to work with you on any accommodation requests.
For more information, visit our website:
Expected salary: $55000 – 65000 per year
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 23:40:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear candidates, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% free of cost, please don't pay any fee or do not provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more...
Please share this job vacant to help other people