Job title: Global Account Manager, TELUS
Job description: Job Description
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 Enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
The VMware Global Account Program serves approximately 100 of VMware’s largest customers Bell Canada. These premier accounts are managed by a team of experienced Global Account Managers (GAM) with the objective to establish a significant VMWare footprint in the largest and most influential corporations worldwide. Our selling is focused on our customers primary business initiatives and connecting our value to our customers business value. Our Value Selling strategy is the investment of time, talent and technology from VMWare and our partners to invent (transform) our customers business for their benefit. This strategic objective is being accomplished using a highly focused and experienced account management, marketing, and engineering teams, as well as substantial executive level engagement.
Job Role and Responsibility:
This Global Account Manager role will be dedicated to a single telco account and will have principle responsibility for TELUS. The individual in this role will be responsible for overall account management including the creation and execution of the strategic account plan, goal obtainment and revenue growth. The GAM takes a consultative approach to selling and works toward a trusted advisor status serving as the executive contact across the customer on behalf of VMware, communicating VMware’s unique value. Leads overall account strategy and matrix management of sales, specialist and partner resources to ensure value-added benefits and deeper/wider reach into the customer. The GAM is responsible for taking share from our competitors. Sets the global account strategy that drives new VMware revenue through the ownership and implementation of an actionable, business-outcome based account plan.
- Oversees and implements business case & value selling strategies which align the customer’s needs, up to the Board/C-Suite, to VMware solutions and services including the development of business cases with specific metrics & ROIs identified
- Manages tactical business while investing in larger, longer term strategic opportunities
- Constructs and sells large multi-product, integrated solutions and services utilizing strategic partnerships which drive business outcomes
- Maintains high touch and trusted advisor status with the customer establishing trust
- Maintains operational command of the business through forecast accuracy and demand generation
- Act as an inspired leader for a large extended team of virtual resources to ensure consistent and effective team engagement and ensuring optimal usage of resources across management, supporting and partner organizations
- At least 10-15 years of experience in technology sales
- At least 10+ years of experience in the telco vertical
- Demonstrated track record of proven success within past sales roles
- Proven experience managing in a matrix work environment
- Comfortable working with C level executives at Fortune 500 companies and building necessary business relationships throughout the organization
- Knowledgeable in all facets of compute technologies
Our team looks for candidates who embody our ‘EPIC2’ values – Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community. Team members who are logically curious, interpersonal, customer focused and able to find the humor in situations tend to thrive at VMware.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Global/Strategic Account Manager
- Established and referenceable relationships with key contacts in designated account(s)
- Familiar with Target Account Selling or another established sales methodology
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team
- Self-starter with a high level of commitment and energy
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 22:21:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE