Job title: Grant Manager
Company: Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Job description: Apply for position Grant Manager (091520) Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 9/15/2020 10:35:12 AM
Status and Job type: Temporary full-time, 1-year term with the possibility of a renewal for up to 4 years
SRI has been tasked to create a pan-Canadian network in Image Guided Therapy (IGT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI), with the goal of strengthening the national IGT sector. This new network, named INOVAIT, will engage in bringing together academic and industry stakeholders, and in running competitions for collaborative projects. We will disperse up to $42M in funding from the Government of Canada to the strongest IGT and AI projects. We are building a small highly motivated team to build out INOVAIT and maximize the impact of this opportunity. As part of the team, Sunnybrook Research Institute is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Grant Manager in our new network, INOVAIT.
The Grant Manager is one of the key positions within the INOVAIT structure, managing the funding elements of INOVAIT. The Grant Manager reports to the INOVAIT Directors, working closely with and alongside a small team to successfully oversee and execute all aspects of the INOVAIT’s funding programs. The Grant Manager is responsible for managing numerous processes, tasks, and projects including the design of grant programs, coordination of the review and submission processes, processing the post-award requirements of a variety of funding programs, and liaising between INOVAIT, industry recipients, investigators, collaborators, government and administrators.
Job Responsibilities and Duties: * Oversee and execute all elements of INOVAIT’s competitive granting programs. Includes the following:
- Optimize the grant administration process and assist in structuring the funding program and determining funding needs
- Update application forms, instructions, and guidelines as needed
- Manage a broad network of reviewers, and prepare and distribute applications
- Oversee grant application process
- Plan, design, and present information sessions for grant applicants
- Liaise with community grant applicants
- Coordinate and schedule grants review process
- Participate in grants review committee meetings to ensure correct processes are followed
- Review recommended applications against available funds and develop proposed funding allocations in accordance with recommendations
- Maintain accurate records of all funds and grants
- Develop project reports
- Maintain contact with grantees for early identification and resolution of issues, and to identify communications opportunities to share successes and/or promote events
- Engage with gathering and analysis of statistics and outcomes from proposals
- Make recommendations to improve the efficiency and impact of INOVAIT’s activities:
- Identify emerging issues or trends in the community and the grants programs and make recommendations for improvement to Directors
- Assess impact of grants and track grant applications and outcomes
- Identify opportunities to streamline and/or enhance the granting process; making recommendations to the Directors and implementing changes as agreed
Other duties as required. Includes the following:
- Create and conduct surveys of stakeholders
- Prepare summaries and briefing materials on granting activities
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate for this role should have:
- University degree in a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with project management and familiarity with government granting agencies
- Experience with grant application procedures and application processes, assessing project viability, performance measurement, and reviewing financial reports would be an asset
- Experience liaising with administrators in academia, government, and granting agencies in Canada
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral)
- Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Proficient with managing and organizing large amounts of data
- MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Tact, diplomacy and confidentiality in interactions with internal and external contacts
- Effective time management; able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills; able to solve problems and/or identify when an issue should be escalated.
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic team environment (working both independently and as part of a small team)
Qualified applicants should submit their resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “INOVAIT Grant Manager Position” in the subject line of your email and attach your cover letter and resume in a single pdf file named in the following format ‘__GMPApplication.pdf’.
We would like to thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with Canadian Employment and Immigration guidelines, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Sunnybrook Research Institute is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Research Institute is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2+ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Sunnybrook Research Institute is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Research Institute is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Apply for position
« Back to Sunnybrook Research Institute
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 22:11:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE