Job title: Health, Safety and Environment Advisor in Princeville for Vetoquinol Canada
Job description: Do you want to join the ranks of a company that has the well-being of its employees at heart and who continually invests in realizing the potential of its team? Vetoquinol is the employer of choice who believes we can do more together. This pharmaceutical company is dedicated to the manufacture, distribution and marketing of veterinary health products. We are looking for a Health, Safety and Environment Advisor. Please note that this is a temporary mandate of 12 months.
Your mission will be, within the framework of the objectives set by the Site Director, the Group HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) Manager and the HR Director (for the commercial HSE component), to define and implement the safety policy and protection of human health and property safety (excluding IT), as well as the environmental policy for industrial and commercial sites. You will ensure the compliance of the documentation, including the QMS system, in terms of HSE and act as an expert in the realization of Lean projects relating to HSE and problem solving. You will also act as an agent of change.
Main activities :
Develop the HSE culture and system
- Be an active member of the HSE committee of each site (Princeville and Lavaltrie)
- Implements the local HSE policy and sets annual HSE objectives for Canada.
- Performs HSE risk analyzes.
- Lead HSE action plans to reduce risk and ensure progress within defined deadlines.
- Sets up a regulatory watch and assesses the legal and regulatory compliance of the sites with respect to HSE requirements (prevention plan, emergency plan, etc.).
- Writes all relevant procedures and instructions on HSE aspects.
- Records, analyzes, reports and manages incident and accident files and implements the appropriate corrective and preventive actions. Ensures the adequacy of all reports.
- Performs periodic inspections and audits at both sites.
Deploys the Group HSE strategy
- Deploys the Group’s standards locally in conjunction with the Group HSE manager.
- Deploys the VIGILANCE prevention program at the local level and promotes it to managers.
- Establishes the periodic reporting required by the Group and updates the key HSE indicators for Canada.
- Actively participates in the HSE Group network by participating in seminars, periodic meetings, sharing of best practices and feedback.
- Ensures the consistency of local objectives with the objectives and targets defined by the Group for Canada.
HSE staff training and communication
- With the HR department, establishes the HSE training plan for staff.
- Animates and organizes training sessions.
- Provides regular HSE communication to all teams in Canada.
Emergency measures and crisis management
- Establishes and updates the local crisis plan including emergency measures.
- Implement the local crisis organization (crisis unit) with the associated logistics aspects.
- Organize periodic exercises.
Management of environmental aspects
- Oversees the site’s waste and effluent collection and removal system.
- Set up a register of waste collection and optimize the channels by promoting recycling.
- Carries out studies and regulatory measures concerning environmental aspects (water, air, waste, noise pollution, etc.).
- Ensures the information and protection of employees with respect to environmental issues.
- Organizes regular visits and meetings with local emergency services.
- Participate in or organize meetings with local stakeholders on HSE aspects, including the HSE committee of the 2 sites.
HSE budget management
- Manages the HSE budget allocated for the 2 sites:
- Prepares the annual budget according to the rules established by the finances
- Track expenses and approve requests related to their budget
- Ensures rigor in budget management
- Engineer or specialized studies in HSE or related fields
- Advanced knowledge on technical, regulatory and management aspects related to health and safety and also environmental
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, chemical or food industry or other manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of international standards ISO 14001 and 18001
- French / English bilingualism
- Very good interpersonal and pragmatic approach
- Force of proposal and conviction
- Action oriented
- Ability to manage multiple files simultaneously
- Open-minded and willing to change things
- Ability to work in a constantly changing workplace
Location: Princeville, QC
Job date: Sat, 03 Oct 2020 07:15:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE