Job title: HR Operations Specialist, for COWI in North America
Job description: Do you want to join one of the leading engineering consulting companies, creating value for customers, people, and societies worldwide? Are you someone who is solutions focussed and finds comfort working in an environment that demands strong deliverables and can analyse problems and drive appropriate solutions? Then this could be the next step in your career!
JOIN OUR INTERNATIONAL TEAM IN NORTH VANCOUVER
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group providing clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to complex challenges within transportation, energy, environment, water, industry, buildings, and planning. Together with our 6,500 dedicated professionals, COWI pushes the boundaries of engineering design around the globe.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, COWI HR International team spans across Denmark, Canada, USA, UK, Middle East and the far East. In North America, the HR Team provides value and services to 8 offices (Vancouver, Edmonton, Halifax, Seattle, New York, Oakland, Bridgeport, Plymouth) helping drive strategy and deliverables within a diverse and multicultural environment.
REALISE YOUR POTENTIAL IN A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
As a key part of the North America HR team, you will act as the main contact for questions and actions related to US and Canadian benefits, employee life cycle events and immigration. Part of the portfolio will involve focus and collaboration with Finance to ensure consistency and compliance and providing support to the HRBPs on key initiatives such as organizational transformations and global projects.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Work with brokers and third-parties to administer all Group Benefit Plans for Canada and the US, including 401K and RRSP programs
- Act as the first point of contact for employee questions and inquiries on company programs, policies and benefits
- Provide support with immigration and mobility processes
- Coordinate employee experience cycle from onboarding to offboarding
- Work in close collaboration with key stakeholders and various “Centre Of Excellences Teams (COE)” to assist in the identification of the appropriate actions and monitoring progress
- Work with Finance to ensure all pay and benefits-related payroll items are current
- Manage the Affirmative Action Plan for US
- Assists in the implementation and operational portion of various special projects such as organization transformations, corporate projects, and global initiatives
COWI is a leader within our field because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and realize your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow’s societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis working on global and local assignments.
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
Your skills are the key to our success. This role is ideally suited for an HR specialist with existing experiencing administering programs in a cross-border environment, looking to step up to the next level and help streamline and build out processes in a complex, international setting. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You will contribute your expertise, while learning from the best and advancing the business forward.
To succeed in this position, you should have an analytical mindset with resiliency and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment along with having flexibility and agile approach to work. As our organization continues to adapt to a ‘new normal’, there will be an opportunity to have a flexible work schedule and to work remotely 1-2 days/week.
Furthermore, you should:
- Hold post-secondary education in HR with previous experience supporting remote teams and employee cycle activities including benefits in the US and Canada
- Have previous experience with employee immigration and/or mobility processes combined with knowledge of Canadian and US employment laws
- Possess superior organizational skills with an ability to prioritize effectively combined with great attention to detail with a strong sense of follow-up and follow-through
- Be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment where multiple projects are in motion at all times
- Be proficient in computer applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, Outlook)
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Please contact our Global Recruitment Specialist, Priyanka at email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your application. The application deadline is stated at the top of the page.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 22:26:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE