The World Health Organization has declared COVID-19 a pandemic. This is a landmark event. Do we Job seekers think it END? You need to read this.
Nobody really knows when will COVID-19 stop. However, here is an idea that I would like to propose based on my personal experience.
Today, I was on a call with a close relative of mine. She told me that some of their relatives from different localities have assembled at her home, playing cards to socialize and pass time during the lockdown.
Now, obviously, it is an extremely wrong thing to do because it defeats the whole purpose of a lockdown and puts everyone else at risk. If this continues, we won’t be able to control the spread of the disease.
On further talking to her, I realized that she and her family hardly have any knowledge about COVID-19 and how it spreads. I had a long 20-minute call with her where I explained to her why social distancing is important, why an overwhelmed healthcare system is the reason for deaths in Italy and why her actions are putting their parents and children at a huge risk.
She realized that she was completely unaware of any such COVID-19 prevention measures. All she knew was it is just another flu-like disease that won’t impact her much. She has requested me to spend time explaining her family the same thing tomorrow.
Did you observe anything?
People are not careless. They just lack awareness.
Keeping this in mind, I am starting a campaign #educatePeopleAboutCorona wherein I will make 4 such calls on a daily basis to educate my other relatives or friends who lack Coronavirus-related awareness. I will further ask them to educate 4 others.
If 2 out of 4 agree and explain to 4 others, and the chain continues, in just 10 days, more than 2,000 people would be educated about COVID-19. It is the bare minimum that we as an educated person can do to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Here are the 4 key pieces of information we need to clearly convey:
- COVID-19 is especially dangerous for those who are above 60 years of age because of reduced immunity.
- People who are not coughing or feverish can still be infected because at times it takes 14 days for the symptoms to show up. These people, however, can still infect others.
- A large number of people in Italy died primarily because the Healthcare system did not have the capacity to serve so many patients. Our country will also face the same issue if the disease spreads because we also have a limited Healthcare capacity.
- The way to control the disease from spreading is to stay at your home and do not go out. It will work only when all of us follow this philosophy.
SOURCE: Luni Libes, ON QUORA
When will the virus be exterminated?
Probably never. There will likely be at least a few small reservoirs of the virus somewhere in the world.
When will this pandemic end? Well…when the number of people who are susceptible to the infection drops so low that the virus fails to transmit effectively.
This can occur in one of several ways:
- Tons of people die. The population is so small and isolated that transmission is unlikely. This scenario is not realistic. This virus is not deadly enough to cause this issue especially in the setting of modern medical care.
- Lots of people contract the diease. Some people die. But most people don’t die. Antivirals are developed that help fewer people die. The many people that survive become immune. The virus doesn’t mutate significantly so re-infection risk remains low. And those that are immune provide herd immunity to those who are not immune.
- A successful vaccine is developed. Mass vaccination leads to wide-spread immunity. We hope the virus doesn’t mutate significantly so that the vaccine remains effective.
I would like to note that social distancing is not going to stop this virus. It will help tremendously at slowing the rate of infection such that our healthcare resources are not overwhelmed by a sudden influx of infected patients. But it will not stop the virus because we will not, practically speaking, be in isolation long enough to completely eradicate it. Once people start going outside and interacting, the virus will spread again. We need immunity to effectively control this thing. That happens naturally with enough people getting sick and recovering and/or it happens artificially with a vaccine.
SOURCE: Matt Saks, ON QUORA
How COVID-19 is affecting business at IRCC
Temporary foreign workers, some international students and approved permanent residents who haven’t yet landed are now able to enter Canada.
The travel restriction exemptions that were announced are now in place. If you’re exempt, you can now travel to Canada.
If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check before you’re allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.
When you arrive in Canada we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must isolate for 14 days even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory.
Only people who provide essential services and truck drivers who regularly cross the border to maintain the flow of goods are exempt from the isolation requirements.
IRCC, along with other government departments and international allies, continues to closely monitor COVID 19 and any impacts on people and our operations.
Implications of travel restrictions on IRCC clients
On March 16, 2020, the Prime Minister announced travel restriction measures that will restrict air travel to Canadians, permanent residents and families of Canadians to protect Canada from the outbreak of COVID-19. While these restrictions seek to stop non-essential travel, there are exceptions to ensure essential travel is permitted. The following text addresses common questions about the travel restrictions and other impacts COVID-19 is having on IRCC’s clients and operations.
SOURCE: VACANCY IS HERE
WHILE AT HOME, YOU CAN SETUP SOME ONLINE BUSINESSES YOU CAN’T IMAGINE:
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE