Earn $14 per hour working as a Permanent Line / Plant Worker in Archway Community Services, IT CLOSES SOON, CHECK IT OUT NOW!
What an Line / Plant Worker does.
An assembly line worker or Plant Worker fabricates parts and joins them together to construct products like aircrafts, automobiles, electronics and household appliances.
Some assemblers specialize in a particular part, such as electric motors, or a type of product, such as office machinery.
About Archway Community Services
Registered in 1969, Archway Community Services is a non-profit, multi-service, multi-funded community based social service agency.
The agency was previously known as Abbotsford Community Services from 1995 until 2019 when we changed our name to be more inclusive to the communities we serve outside of Abbotsford. Click here to learn more about the history of Archway Community Services.
Our 400+ staff members and 1000+ volunteers provide services at 24 locations in Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission, Langley and Chandigarh, India.
Who Do Archway Community Services Help?
Each year thousands come through our doors looking for help through one or more of our 90+ programs.
- From newborn babies to seniors – we help people of all ages
- From women escaping violence to people struggling with addictions – we help people in crisis
- From newcomers in Canada to people with diverse disabilities – we help people feel like they belong. CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE
Archway Community Services has been helping people since 1969. We provide more than 90 programs and services to clients at every stage of life.
Our vision for the future is justice, opportunities and equitable access for all.
We strive toward that goal by fostering community well-being and social justice through positive action and leadership. Come help us help people.
Responsibilities as a Line / Plant Worker
- Sort recyclable materials, as directed, from a conveyor belt, including opening blue bags, sorting paper and cardboard and sorting containers
- Operate equipment in a manner consistent with manufacturer’s specifications and WorkSafe regulations
- Maintain clean and safe workstation
- Assist in daily clean-up
- Empty barrels and boxes from line, as required
- Attend daily staff production meetings as required
- Be able to work all shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have own form of transportation
Relevant Skills and Qualifications
- Able to work in a dusty environment and complete a Fitness Assessment prior to beginning work
- Good communication skills
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs./25 kgs., periodically
- Capable of doing repetitive tasks and standing for extended periods of time
- Be able to work with a minimum amount of supervision
- Follow the code of ethics in a manner consistent with the policy and procedures of the agency
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing conditions and priorities
- Promote an inclusive environment and respect all people and their diversity
- Deal with all concerns, opinions and suggestions in a respectful manner
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to:
No phone calls please. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Archway Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all equity seeking groups.
- Wage: $14.00 per hour
- Part-Time 24-32 Hours per week