Job title: Linehaul Driver P&D Woodstock / Chauffeur longue distance L&C
Job description: Posting Date: November 25, 2020
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 09:00 – 18:00
Job Code: 116
Location: 331 – Woodstock
Bargaining Unit: Yes
Reports to: unit manager woodstock
- Responsible for transporting customer freight in an effective and efficient manner
- Complete deliveries and pick-ups in both urban and rural locations as assigned
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections
- Manual usage and handling of pump truck
- Tail gate experience an asset
- Work various hours (morning, afternoon or overnight) as required
- Ability to solve problems as they arise while on road
- Build positive relationships with both our internal and external customers (dispatch, colleagues , managers)
- Comply with all Corporate Policies and Procedures
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Maintain punctual attendance
- Shunt Duties as assigned
- Valid AZ Driver’s License
- Clean Driving Abstract
- Must successfully pass written & road test(s)
- Must successfully pass Defensive Driving course
- Must successfully pass Courier Methods training course
- Ability to read maps; Good sense of geographical direction
- Must be able to handle LTL freight and skids
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 70 lbs.
- Successfully complete a criminal record check and employment verification to qualify
- Obtain a clear Police Clearance Certificate when required
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem solving
- Proper scan and load techniques
- Exemplifies and consistently demonstrates our core competencies of customer focus, communication, collaboration, trust and self-development
Working Conditions: On the Road
Salary Grade: As per collective Agreement
*Please notify your immediate manager before applying for an internal job posting
Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Tous les postes unilingues à l’extérieur du Québec exigeant uniquement la connaissance de la langue anglaise sont affichés sur le site Intranet de Purolator seulement.
Si vous désirez une traduction française de cette description de poste, prière de communiquer avec votre Représentant aux ressources humaines.
Location: Woodstock, ON
Job date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 08:30:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE