Job title: Occupational Health Nurse
Job description: Occupational Health Nurse
The Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) is a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Extended Class with additional educational preparation and experience, who possesses and demonstrates the competencies to autonomously diagnose order and interpret diagnostic tests, perform specific procedures within their legislated scope of practice.
The OHN must know and practice in accordance with the standards relevant to the practice area as well as the legislation and regulations applicable to an OHN practice:
- Regulated Health Professions Act
- Nursing Act
- Laboratory and Specimen Collection Center Licensing Act
- Health Protection and Promotion Act
- Occupational Health & Safety Act
Additional Job Description:
Working as a member of the inter-professional team, the Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) will provide specialized services in the management of employee care. The OHN functions in an expanded role including assessments upon hire, and periodic health assessments as per Kimberly-Clark (KC) medical guidelines from home office; demonstrating a high level of autonomy and is responsible for:
Conducting employee assessments, diagnosing; ordering and interpreting work related medical tests; performing specific procedures within the legislated scope of practice. Working in collaboration with the inter-professional team, the OHN will ensure a timely response to the employee’s changing health status and needs;
- The Occupational Health Nurse offers Occupational Health Services to all employees, including education, promotion of positive health models, treatment of illness and injury, and follow-up of ill and injured workers
- 30-40 hours/week
- This position is very flexible with days and number of hours worked
- Registered Nurse or Occupational Health and Safety Health Nurse in Ontario, Canada
- Occupational Health and Safety experience in a manufacturing care environment
- Current Extended Class certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Requires Bachelor’s in Nursing or diploma with Occupational Health Nurse experience, certification of competence from College of Nurses and Certification in Occupational Health Nursing (candidates with certification in process will be considered)
- Five years’ experience in Occupational Health setting
- Current CPR certificate
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and to assess situations and problems efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work well within an inter-professional team and to foster effective working relationships
- Ability to exercise initiative and observe strict confidentiality
- Certification/Training in Disability Management
- Experience in training and education of workers regarding job safety
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of disability legislation and regulations, including Duty to Accommodate, Employment Equity Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Human Rights Legislation, Accessibility Ontario Disability Act (AODA), Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Conduct pre-employment and periodic health assessments
- Nurse Practitioner Experience
- Provide professional occupational health nursing care services to employees on a routine and emergency basis to promote a healthy lifestyle, to prevent and/or reduce incidence of illness, disability and accidents in the workplace and to support rehabilitation and to restore health
- In collaboration and partnership with KC and other primary health care team members and agencies, conduct health surveillance and preventative activities that may improve the health at the workplace
- Identifies and interprets diagnostic and screening tests in the assessment of occupational health functions such as respiratory, audiometric, ergonomics, and drug testing
- Assess and provide first aid to injured and ill employees; provide care to volunteers, students and contract workers
- Manage / monitor employees’ ability to perform job tasks. Provide early intervention along with accommodated work plans including coordinating medical treatment by identifying a need for redirection of treatment to effectively manage lost time and absenteeism.
- Work with Human Resources in the management of sick leave and safe return to work programs
- Increase employees’ awareness of wellness initiatives to facilitate healthy lifestyles e.g. Promotion of EFAP, Health Fairs, influenza vaccination program
- Coordinates Respirator Protection Program and conducts N95 respirator fit testing
- Completes WSIB reports as required
- Coordinates and develops return to work programs for injured & ill employees
- Conducts accident and illness investigations and completes associated reports
- Provide medical monitoring and surveillance for workers
- PFT (Pulmonary Function testing) and Fit testing
- Participate in Wellness Programs appropriate to the needs of the employee workforce
- Audio, Vision, Fit testing and PFT Certification
Effective 01/01/2012, Kimberly Clark’s Huntsville, Canada became a Tobacco Free Mill. Tobacco products – includes tobacco in any processed or unprocessed form that may be smoked, inhaled or chewed, including snuff and electronic cigarettes, but does not apply to products intended for use in nicotine replacement therapy for the purpose of quitting smoking, etc.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role’s country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role.
Primary Location Canada-Ontario-Huntsville
Worker Type Employee
Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time
Location: Huntsville, ON
Job date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 04:19:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE