Job title: Part-Time Sessional Driver
Company: University of Toronto
Job description: Date Posted: 09/03/2020
Faculty/Division: VP – University Operations
Department: Food Services
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Under general supervision, drives and/or operates a variety of Food Service vehicles and equipment; transports food on the St. George campus and affiliated locations.
The following illustrative tasks indicate the level of skill required, and the extent of responsibility involved in this job. They in no way limit the incumbent to the tasks indicated.
Flexibility of the employee to perform a wide variety of functions is necessary in successfully fulfilling the requirements of this position. The degree to which each employee performs each of the following tasks listed below will vary according to when and where the employee is scheduled to work.
- Drives and operates Food Service vehicles in making food pickups and deliveries for the department
- Supports the daily food service operation at all St. George campus affiliated locations through the transportation of food product and prepared food items to designated retail locations, residential locations, and for catering services
- Provides set up and customer service to catering clients, ensuring catering presentation standards are met, furniture, equipment, and service trays are in place as per client event specifications and food services standards, and makes decisions as to how any on site requests from clients are accommodated to meet client needs
- Reads the catering event orders and organizes food and beverage requirements needed for each event
- Communicates effectively with catering team and campus catering clients
- Receives incoming requests from Administrative & Logistics Supervisor
- Alerts Administrative & Logistics Supervisor immediate of any client delivery concerns
- Prioritizes work flow based on changing demands
- Loads and unloads food and beverage food items, furniture, equipment; ensures all are secured safely; and delivers to appropriate destinations in accordance with specific directions and regulations
- Sets up food and beverage items following food services guidelines
- Collects all service items at the end of each event. Ensures all service items are returned and food items are properly disposed
- Ensures proper food handling standards are maintained at all times
- Delivers excellent customer service to all customers, including all University departments
- Works effectively as a team member with other drivers and members of the Food Services team, such as Store Clerks, and campus beverage services and catering staff
- Carries out all assigned work duties in a professional manner
- Performs daily inspection of interior and exterior and mechanical aspects of vehicle; completes the vehicle maintenance form and submits to Administrative & Logistics Supervisor; reports vehicle deficiencies directly to supervisor
- Maintain records of mileage and fuel used on vehicles
- Responsible for cleaning interior and exterior of vehicle on a daily basis
- Has a strong knowledge of the various buildings and there location across the St. George campus
- Other related duties as required
- Completion of grade 12 (twelve) or equivalent. Possess a valid food handler’s certificate
- Three years’ experience in driving and operating a variety of vehicles and equipment or related experience, along with customer service experience. Excellent knowledge of food and beverage service equipment and food items.
- Possession of a Provincial Class G driver’s license and have and maintain a clean drivers abstract (3 year certified drivers record)
- Physical ability to perform required duties
- Works under all weather conditions and may be required to work long and various shifts
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (oral and written)
- Able to provide information in a clear and concise manner
- Good interpersonal skills and customer services skills, including tact, courtesy and diplomacy
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks under pressure of constant demands
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Required to complete training on the safe transportation of food and HACCP protocols, or other
training as required.
Closing Date: 09/14/2020,11:59PM EDT
Employee Group: Hourly
Appointment Type: Budget – Sessional
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone: Start Rate: $20.79/hr — $23.08/hr after 12 months
Job Category: Hospitality
Expected salary: $20.79 – 23.08 per hour
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Thu, 05 Nov 2020 08:23:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE