The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Planning Analyst will provide technical and professional support to the Rezoning Centre, with a focus on the processing and review of rezoning applications and related functions, as well as contributing to a variety of rezoning and policy initiatives.
This will include responsibilities associated with Public Hearings and enactment of by-laws, responses to written rezoning enquiries, preparation of reports, and support of public consultation processes. The position’s other responsibilities include graphic design, technical planning work and research supporting both rezoning and policy needs.
- Preparing and coordinating materials for Public Hearings.
- Preparing and reviewing land use by-laws and guideline document.
- Overseeing the by-law enactment process.
- Preparing reports for minor by-law text amendments, rezoning proposals and other policy reports.
- Assisting in the preparation of planning policy, zoning and guidelines.
- Assessing, analyzing and presenting rezoning enquires for internal staff discussion.
- Responding to written enquiries.
- Organizing and facilitating public consultation processes.
- Developing informational and graphic materials for public open houses, workshops and for inclusion in Council reports.
- Summarizing public consultation processes.
- Maintaining and updating websites and facilitating social media outreach.
- Undertaking research, mapping and data collection.
- Other possible technical planning work including graphic design and analysis using Adobe Creative Suite or similar design related applications, as well as collection and interpretation of various sources of data, including MapInfo GIS software.
Education and Experience
- University degree in Planning and some professional planning experience or related university degree with experience related closely to the duties involved, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and participate successfully in teams and to complete assignments using sound professional techniques and judgment.
- Efficiently prioritize time in order to meet deadlines (e.g., prioritize tasks, communicate expected timeframes for the delivery of items with staff and request help when needed) is a requirement.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, written and verbal, are required. Demonstrated experience working with the public is required.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound research and analytical abilities and experience, and have an aptitude in the legal and technical aspects of planning work.
- Familiarity with rezoning processes and a working knowledge of zoning and land-use regulations, land development economics and urban design principles is strongly preferred.
- A working knowledge of City policy related to community plans, policy statements, official development plans, and rezoning policies is preferred.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and graphics programs (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite) is required, and familiarity with GIS and other mapping software and 3D software (e.g. Sketchup) is an asset.
Business Unit/Department: Planning, Urban Design & Sustainability (1275)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: January 2020
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-024: $36.45 to $43.04 per hour
Application Close: November 8, 2020
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE