The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Planning Analyst primarily works as part of a major project team that is responsible for developing a planning program for the redevelopment of large sites. The position will also provide support to the Rezoning Centre and related initiatives as required. The work includes supporting implementation initiatives. The emphasis of the job is on collecting and analyzing information, project management support, developing information graphics to communicate complex ideas, the development of policies and assisting with public consultation.
To provide professional planning support to the Rezoning Centre major project team. The Planning Analyst will assist with implementing a major project by developing information and graphic material for project management, public open houses, workshops and for inclusion in Council reports, and will be responsible for organizing and facilitating public consultation processes. The position will also assist with maintaining the project webpage; organizing social media project updates; responding to development enquiries; undertaking urban design analysis, research, mapping and data collection; preparing the necessary materials and notifications for public hearings; drafting and reviewing by-laws and preparing Council reports on by-law amendments and policy issues; and undertaking other technical duties as required to advance detailed site planning related to major projects.
Minimum Position Requirements
Education and Experience:
- University degree in Planning and some professional planning experience or a related university degree with experience related closely to the duties of the job, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and participate successfully on work teams and with the public
- Use of sound professional techniques and judgment.
- A proven ability to self-manage workload and meet time demands (e.g. prioritize tasks, communicate expected delivery of items with staff, request help when needed).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage internal and external contacts professionally.
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal and graphic communication skills.
- Demonstrate sound research and analytical abilities and experience, and have an aptitude in the legal and technical aspects of planning work.
- A working knowledge of zoning and land-use planning and regulations, land development economics and urban design principles is required.
- Familiarity with rezoning processes and project management is also preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Sketchup (3D Software), MapInfo, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite and graphics programs (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite).
- Familiarity with public space planning and design would be strongly preferred.
Business Unit/Department: Planning, Urban Design & Sustainability (1275)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: January 2021
Position End Date: January 2022
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-024: $36.45 to $43.04 per hour
Application Close: November 8, 2020
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE