Planning Assistant III (Sustainability)
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The Planning Assistant III – Sustainability is responsible for supporting the implementation of green infrastructure on the private realm (buildings and sites), as part of Vancouver’s ambitious Rain City Strategy. The position will report to the Senior Sustainability Specialist-Green Infrastructure in the Sustainability Group and will work with various departments within the City as well as external groups such as non-profit organizations and other levels of government.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducting best practice research and contextual analysis on green infrastructure, such as green roofs, infiltration systems, and rain gardens to support project scoping, policy development, and funding applications.
- Supporting public engagement and internal/external stakeholder processes by scheduling meetings, booking venues, and coordinating invite lists
- Preparing material for events, including PowerPoint presentations, taking notes, and other related tasks.
- Liaising with external partners and/or stakeholders to gather input on projects and/or build collaboration.
- Preparing and administering surveys;
- Collecting, managing and analyzing data;
- Responding to public enquiries.
- Identifying and helping to secure external resources by researching existing opportunities, attending informational webinars, connecting with external organizations, and filling out funding applications
- Carry out other project-specific tasks for the Sustainability Group on an as-needed basis
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent supplemented by courses in planning, urban studies, landscape architecture, sustainability, engineering technology, environmental sciences or related field and experience, preferably in a municipal setting, or any equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience with environmental sustainability issues is required, as is strong verbal and written communications skills, research skills, demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with internal clients and external partners, and excellent analytical skills.
- The position requires the ability to manage priorities, meet deadlines, and function as a team player while also working individually with minimal supervision.
- Additional skills or attributes that would be considered an asset for this position are: experience developing communications material; basic mapping and graphic design skills (e.g. Adobe software); background in green infrastructure and/or climate change adaptation; experience working with diverse stakeholders and interest groups; experience working on projects with a municipal partner or within a municipal or other government setting; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time; and demonstrated personal commitment to sustainability.
Business Unit/Department: Planning, Urban Design & Sustainability (1275)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: December, 2020
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-021: $32.25 to $37.97 per hour
Application Close: Nov. 1, 2020
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE