The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The project engineer is responsible for the planning, design coordination and implementation of Streets and Transportation capital construction projects. The project engineer works closely with internal and external stakeholders including general public, advisory groups, contractors and project partners. Under supervision of the Section Head, Capital Program Delivery, the Project Engineer develops and manages project work programs, in terms of scope, budget and schedule, including the procurement and management of consultants as necessary.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver Streets and Transportation capital projects to achieve key project objectives according to the scope, schedule, budget defined by project sponsors in the project charters
- Build on established partnerships and/or develop partnerships with internal and external stakeholders necessary to successfully deliver on project objectives
- Liaise with small to medium size project teams
- Read, review and interpret engineering designs and specifications related to Streets and Transportation projects
- Ensure compliance with Organizational Quality Management (OQM) and Project Management Framework (PMF) requirements throughout the project lifecycle
- Prepare reports, memos and other project communications for Section Head, Branch Manager, Project Sponsor, Steering Committee, other City personnel and members of the public
- Contract administration and management of external consultants retained to support the planning, design coordination and implementation of Streets and Transportation capital projects. Escalate any identified conflicts as necessary to the Section Head, Capital Program Delivery as required
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Civil Engineering preferred
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer in British Columbia
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Project Management
- Accredited project management training (eg. PMP certification, tertiary qualification) is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills and strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be proactive at resolving project conflicts in a timely and effective manner
- Proven experience in dealing with multiple tasks, and setting and meeting competing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to lead a project team to delivery on project objectives with minimal supervision
- Project Management experience in a complex multi-disciplinary construction environment is an asset
- Working knowledge of quality management frameworks such as APEGBC’s Organizational Quality Management processes is an asset
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: November 2020
Application Close: October 18, 2020
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE