Property Negotiator II
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
This position is responsible for property negotiations involving the leasing, management, acquisition and sale of real property as it relates to the City’s immediate and long-term real estate requirements, and the support of City Council priorities and initiatives. This position will be working as part of the Real Estate Services team on the City’s portfolio of properties.
Key Contacts and Reporting Relationships
Reporting to the Supervisor of Property Negotiations, the incumbent will also be in frequent contact with the Associate Director and Director of Real Estate Services, interdepartmental staff, and external clients, professionals and contractors.
Working under the guidance of the Supervisor of Property Negotiations in the Real Estate Services team, a Property Negotiator II is responsible for preserving and improving the City’s real estate asset base through the marketing and leasing of City-owned space, regular rent reviews, proactive asset management, preventative maintenance and cost saving strategies and the recommendation of strategic property acquisitions and management initiatives. The incumbent will negotiate leases, acquisitions, partial takings and dispositions on behalf of the City, along with undertaking in-house real estate appraisals and valuations for a variety of purposes. Specific duties shall also include the negotiation of use clauses, material contractual terms and related matters, lease renewals, operating agreements, the preparation of budgets, operating cost reconciliations and recoveries, and analysis of market trends.
This position contributes to the management, administration and valuation of a diverse and intricate portfolio of commercial, industrial and residential real estate assets to ensure a sustainable market-supported revenue source to the City, while commensurately supporting the City’s public objectives.
Education and Experience
- Diploma in Urban Land Economics or related discipline or completion of a recognized certification program (appraisal option) and considerable experience in real property appraisal and negotiation work, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Eligibility for certification as an Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI), Certified Residential Appraiser or with the Real Estate Institute of British Columbia (RIBC), or an equivalent designation.
- Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia. The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to legally and safely carry out job responsibilities. Transportation arrangements must meet the operational requirements of the department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of property valuation, current realty values, construction costs, market trends, major civic and private development projects, mortgages and leases.
- Ability to successfully meet and negotiate with property owners or their representatives and deal with tenants, realtors, business and legal representatives, contractors, architects, committees and the general public.
- Ability to perform complex appraisal tasks and to negotiate with property owners for the acquisition, expropriation, sale, development, lease and rental of land.
- Ability to prepare detailed technical reports related to all types of property and to prepare and monitor project budgets.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills to deal tactfully with property owners, tenants, realtors, civic staff, committees and the business community.
- Familiarity with current business software.
- Ability to perform work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to reconcile operating costs and recoveries
- Must be able to exercise sound independent judgement and handle a complex workload with changing priorities.
Business Unit/Department: Real Estate & Facilities Mgmt (1100)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: January 2020
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-030: $46.75 to $55.35 per hour
Application Close: November 15, 2020
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE