Job title: Service Line Representative
Job description: Introduction
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is seeking a Service Line Representative for GTS Networking Services. As a member of our team, you will support sales productivity and deal progression by securing the “technical close” in Network Service solutions. In this role, you will collaborate with service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers. You will be responsible for achieving a signings quota with quarterly objectives.
An ideal candidate will be a team player with the ability to adopt a leadership role where necessary. You should have technical solution expertise and a proven ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure.
Your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Works deals assigned to the sales team supported, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit.
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer and adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams supported.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities with the customer. Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and advanced.
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks of deal closure.
- Provide answers to (technical) questions in a Request for Information (RFI) or a Request for Proposal (RFP).
Position is available in Western Canada – Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8+ years of sales or pre-sales technical support experience in a business-to-business, large/strategic customer segment.
- 8+ years experience presenting and demonstrating business benefits and value to a customer of a technical solution.
- 8+ years experience translating technical and business requirements into cost-efficient solutions.
- 4+ years experience selling OEM network hardware and software.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years experience selling Public Cloud Infrastructure as a Service.
- 2+ years experience selling Cisco, Palo Alto, Aruba, Dell, F5, Juniper and other related technologies.
- 2+ years experience selling SDLan/Wan solutions.
- Certifications on Cisco, Dell and other industry certifications.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It’s a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, “What else is possible?” GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Location: Calgary, AB
Job date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 22:31:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE