Job title: SNAP Field Team Member
Job description: Hours: 35 hours/week, Monday – Friday, with potential for some weekend and evening work
Location: Surrey, BC
About Surrey’s Natural Areas Partnership:
Surrey’s Natural Areas Partnership (SNAP) is a unique partnership between three local non-profit organizations and the City of Surrey. SNAP’s goals are to restore and enhance Surrey’s urban forest; to promote environmental stewardship; and to empower youth as future leaders in environmental conservation.
Field Team Members will implement restoration and enhancement projects (e.g. invasive plant removals, restoration plantings, planting maintenance, park clean-ups and tree well maintenance) in Surrey parks, under the direction of a Field Team Leader. This is a field-based position and will be primarily focused on invasive plant removal and restoration plantings.
- Ensure work is completed in a safe and efficient manner
- Communicate with the public as an ambassador of SNAP and our partner organizations
- Assist the Field Team Leader with data collection and daily record keeping
- Other related duties as required
- Some post-secondary study in a related field such as urban forestry, geography, arboriculture or environmental studies
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to perform repetitive, physical work in all weather conditions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30lbs
- Knowledge of ecological principles, familiarity with native and invasive plants and common shade trees
- Provide steel-toed boots
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s licence with a safe driving history, and willingness to submit a driver’s abstract
- Valid level 1 First Aid certification (or willingness to obtain prior to the start of employment)
- Completion of a Police Information Check will be required as a condition of employment
- As a condition of pending Canada Summer Jobs program funding (note, these criteria are subject to change):
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment (candidates with student or work visas are ineligible)
- have a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada and BC
- Submit a cover letter expressing why you are interested in the position and how you meet our required qualifications
- Submit a resume that clearly outlines your relevant work and volunteer experience
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads “Field Team Member – [first and last name]”
- Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 13, 2020.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information on the SNAP program, please visit our website: www.surreysnaturalareaspartnership.com.
You must to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
Upload Resume (optional)
Upload your resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 8 MB.
Are you human?
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
Location: Surrey, BC
Job date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 22:33:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear candidates, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% free of cost, please don't pay any fee or do not provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more...
Please share this job vacant to help other people