Spirit Omega Inc.
We’re looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
- Design / Facility Engineer responsibilities for existing or new structures. This requires an in-depth understanding of, and stewarding to, the design and construction history, regulatory approvals, closure and decommissioning strategies, and ongoing construction / operation / surveillance / reporting requirements
- Structure surveillance including performing site inspections, interpreting instrumentation readings, assessing lab and field test results
- Preparation of technical documents to meet regulatory requirements and internal communications
- Performing and /or reviewing geotechnical analyses including slope stability, seepage, hydraulic fracture, settlement, and freeboard
- Providing mentoring and direction to junior engineers
- Working with other company teams including Short and Long Range Mine Planning, Tailings Planning, Operations and Reclamation
- Other duties as required
- Must have broad experience in Geotechnical Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Geotechnical, Civil or Geological Engineering
- Post graduate degree in Geotechnical or Geological Engineering is considered an asset
- 15+ years of experience in geotechnical / civil earthworks, particularly related to the design and construction of earthen dams
- Geotechnical experience with mining, tailings, and oil sands operations is an asset
- Experience with slope stability and seepage analyses, and related software
- Familiar with geotechnical laboratory testing and interpretation of strength, index, and settlement testing
- Experience with CAD programs (MicroStation or AutoCad) is an asset
- Good understanding of Canadian Dam Safety Regulations (AEP, AER, CDA, MAC)
- Must be eligible to be registered as a Professional Engineer with APEGA and currently hold Professional Engineer status in Canada
- Exceptional technical and analytical skills
- Facilitates open, effective communication among stakeholders to gain alignment on the best path forward
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills and works effectively in a team
- Provides innovative solutions to problems
- Highly motivated individual with exceptional time management skills that can work with minimal supervision
- If this position is classified as safety risk sensitive, you must also be able to pass pre-access drug & alcohol testing
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
- Authorized to legally work in Canada (eligible to work in the country for the duration of the assignment).
Note; Dear candidates, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% free of cost, please don't pay any fee or do not provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more...
Please share this job vacant to help other people