Job title: STAS – Pre-Board Screening Officer (Aviation) – Baie Comeau
Job description: Job Description
As a STAS Airport Pre-Board Screening Officer, your responsibility is to ensure airport checkpoint security. Your important role will also ensure that the pre-board screening of passengers is conducted in an efficient and friendly manner.
- Must be people and customer service oriented, have an ability to communicate effectively during a crisis situation and deal with passengers in a professional manner
- Screen passengers and their baggage using hand-held metal detectors and/or manual search to ensure no prohibited items enter the secure area
- Monitor the flow of passengers through the checkpoint to ensure efficiency
- Test baggage for any explosive materials, using equipment such as explosive detection machines or chemical swab systems
- Report all incidents and/or breaches using established communication channels
- Follow aviation regulations and standard operating procedures
- Verify passenger boarding passes to ensure validity
- You are a dynamic individual who works well within a team
- You are bilingual (may be required based on the region you are applying to)
- You are a confident person with integrity and have the ability to follow directives
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have a genuine interest in aviation security
- You can provide excellent customer service while under stressful conditions
- Be willing to undergo extensive security & reference checks
- Be 18 years of age
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident as defined in the Immigration Act with an employment authorization document
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be legally entitled to work within Canada
- Be willing to work shifts on a rotational basis, holidays and week-ends
STAS Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from the four designated groups; namely women, aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Location: Baie-Comeau, QC
Job date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 04:38:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE