Job title: Student Employment Program
Company: NRC – CNRC
Job description: City: Within a National Research Council Office across Canada
Duration: Approximately sixteen weeks (four months)
The NRC Advantage
GREAT MINDS. ONE GOAL. CANADA’S SUCCESS.
The National Research Council of Canada (NRC) is the Government of Canada’s largest research organization supporting industrial innovation, the advancement of knowledge and technology development. We collaborate with over 70 colleges, universities and hospitals annually, work with 800 companies on their projects, and provide advice or funding to over 8000 Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) each year.
We bring together the brightest minds to deliver tangible impacts on the lives of Canadians and people around the world. And now, we want to partner with you. Let your expertise and inspirations make an impact by joining the NRC.
At NRC, we know diversity enables excellence in research and innovation. We are committed to a diverse and representative workforce, an open and inclusive work environment, and contributing to a more inclusive Canadian innovation system.
NRC welcomes all qualified applicants and encourages candidates to self-declare as members of the following designated employment equity groups: women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Please advise of any accommodation measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. They are available to all candidates for further assessment. Related information received will be addressed confidentially.
Are you part of Canada’s next generation of STEM leaders? Do you want to gain valuable work experience in your field of study? Are you interested in working on leading-edge projects of value to Canada? Are you looking for amazing learning opportunities in a creative and diverse environment?
The NRC Student Employment Program provides students with practical career-related experience in research and development, engineering, and technology, administration, librarian science, computer science, trades, business, technology advisors, finance, human resources, and other professions. Students work in a challenging and intellectually stimulating environment, while having access to superior equipment, facilities and expertise.
As a student at the NRC, you’ll contribute to interesting projects in an environment where teamwork, initiative, and creativity are nurtured. Positions are offered across NRC in various locations from coast to coast.
Length of Term
Student work terms last for approximately sixteen weeks (four months). Work can occur full-time during a non-academic semester and part-time (up to 20 hours/week) during an academic semester.
Who can apply?
You are eligible for the NRC Student Employment Program if:
- You have obtained a High School diploma (or grade 12 equivalent), possess a minimum “B” academic average or equivalent (preference may be given to candidates with a “B+” academic average). (equivalencies can be found on the back of your transcript)
- You are studying at a recognized educational institution and are returning to full-time studies in the next semester
- You are a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada. Additionally, foreign national students who meet the eligibility requirements, are studying in recognized and eligible Canadian educational institution and possess a valid Off-Campus Work Permit may also apply. For more detailed requirements and information on this possibility, please refer to the information found at Citizenship and Immigration Canada (Work Off Campus).
Condition of Employment
In order to be considered for the SEP program please include the following in your application. Failure to do so will result in your application being excluded from searches.
- Most recent transcript:
- University/high school (grade 12 or equivalent)
- An electronic copy is sufficient, it does not have to be an official version
- To attach your transcript click the “add a document” in the Second language evaluation results field
- Additionally, in order to maximize your chances of being considered for opportunities, ensure to include your preferred location(s) in the Preferred Work Location(s) section of the application
- From $563 to $1274 per week (37.5 hrs)
- Salaries are determined based on the number of academic semesters a student has completed.
The incumbent must adhere to safe workplace practices at all times.
Hiring managers search the database for qualified candidates throughout the year. We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please direct your questions, with the requisition number (10660) to:
Toll-free: 1-877-NRC-CNRC or 1-877-672-2672
If you encounter accessibility issues using this site, please call 1-613-993-0762 or email us at NRC-Staffing/CNRC-Dotation@canada.ca for assistance.
Expected salary: $563 – 1274 per week
Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 22:22:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE