Job title: Technical Assistant (Events)
Job description: Canadian Organic Growers (COG), a national educational charity, is looking for a conscientious and self-motivated summer student to help coordinate and provide technical assistance for special events across Canada. The student would help raise awareness and enthusiasm for various COG events, publications and educational programs. This would include website design and programming, communication strategies, social media campaigns and development of online promotional material to support events, products and services.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support for ongoing events, products and services
- Assist in creating and updating websites
- Develop communications and promotional materials in both French and English
- Plan and coordinate soliciting funds and sponsorship opportunities
- Manage schedules and media opportunities in French/English
- Coordinate and answer inquiries from members in both French/English
- Data management; modify and format documents
- Help manage social media communications and other office duties as required
- Other admin duties as required
- Help organize and coordinate Organic Week
This is an 8 week contract from July 4th to August 25th.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience with website design and programming
- Proficiency using WordPress for creating and changing websites
- Experience using a variety of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube and Instagram) as communication tools
- Comfortable with photo and video editing and graphic design using programs such as photoshop
- Knowledge of marketing basics, communication strategies, event promoting and/or campaign/fundraising strategies an asset
- Strong communication and language skills in both French and English (preferred)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Google Docs
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Between 15 and 30 years of age;
- Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- Are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (foreign students are not eligible);
- Are legally entitled to work in Canada, according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Please note we are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any race, ethnicity, religion, or gender. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of visible minorities.
Please apply by June 21, 2017. Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Websites: www.cog.ca, www.magazine.cog.ca
You must to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
Upload Resume (optional)
Upload your resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 8 MB.
Are you human?
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
Expected salary: $12 per hour
Location: Ottawa, ON
Job date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 23:52:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear candidates, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% free of cost, please don't pay any fee or do not provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more...
Please share this job vacant to help other people