Job title: Vice President, Enterprise Retail Category Management
Job description: McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we’re so much more than a distribution company. We’ve automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
VP, Enterprise Retail Category Management
Locations: Toronto, Montreal, Dallas, London
The VP, Enterprise Retail Category Management for North America is responsible for developing enterprise strategies for and management of the portfolio of global retail products. The leader will work with local retail and category management teams, and executive sponsors to evaluate which categories and products should be handled at a global vs. local level. This leader sets the long- term enterprise course and plans for category analytics, category and product growth and profitability strategies, differentiated location strategy, range architecture, demand-based pricing, own brand strategy, supplier partnership and negotiation, and category execution. The leader will ensure program adoption within the local markets and cross-functional teams.
The leader helps create McKesson’s retail category management go to market approach, including identifying which categories to prioritize and capability requirements for long term success. Over time, this leader will be responsible for growing the team and refining the global category management function.
The leader works closely with global category management counterparts in the North America and the local market category management and business leaders to develop and implement the enterprise program. In addition, the leader coordinates with the leader of global Own Brand / Private label in developing category plans. For select opportunities the leader works collaboratively with McKesson Medical Surgical’ s category management team to maximize enterprise value.
- Setting strategies to maximize growth and profitability of global retail product and category portfolio for a multi-billion dollar business.
- Lead high level enterprise negotiations with manufacturers for global products.
- Deliver buy side profit.
- Develop innovative tools and programs to drive preferred product portfolio.
- Align stakeholders and collaborate across a matrix of McKesson resources, including local retail business leaders and category managers, global sourcing, sales, marketing, finance and operations to implement growth strategies, manage supplier behavior and maximize operational efficiency.
- Develop talent and create a high performing team
CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES:
- Experience in building new strategies, capabilities, and organization.
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Deep knowledge of retail category management in North America
- Strong collaboration skills; able to effectively lead and influence in a matrix environment, partner with sales and marketing, to coordinate growth and deliver on the promises made to manufacturers.
- Strong capability in long range strategic planning, driving execution and team accountability for results.
- Experience at inspiring, leading and developing senior level leaders and their teams.
- Brave negotiator; able to develop bold negotiation strategies that benefit our business and partnerships
- Manages high level relationships astutely.
- Creative and solution oriented, demonstrating ability to gain leverage on sales year over year.
- Sales and profit forecasting and strong budget management experience.
- Good understanding of the business and ability to identify and influence/impact the financial levers.
- Product development and marketing experience.
- Versed in merchandising and driving growth in a differentiated way
- Global sourcing and international trade experience.
- Results oriented
- A minimum of 8-10 years of progressive business experience in a related field
- Manufacturing or merchandising experience a plus
EDUCATION & TRAVEL DEMANDS:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Travel: Approximately 25%
Worker Type Regular
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity employer.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
McKesson is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Current employees must apply through internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
Location: Mississauga, ON
Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 22:49:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE