Job title: Water Resources Assistant
Job description: The Saugeen Valley Conservation Authority is taking applications for a fifteen week position of Water Resources Assistant. The position will report to the Water Quality Specialist and the Manager of Water Resources and Stewardship Service.
· Assist with the collection, entry and/or analysis of water resources data which will be used in the delivery of the Conservation Authority’s surface water, groundwater, and benthic programs
· Perform data entry, quality control and analysis using Excel spreadsheets
· Prepare samples for laboratory analysis
· Assist with implementation of restoration projects (e.g. riparian buffer plantings)
· Assist in other program areas when needed (e.g. stewardship, forestry, etc.)
· Keep accurate and organized records of site visits and data collected
· Currently enrolled in a Diploma or Degree program in biology, natural resources, environmental sciences, geography or a related discipline
· Willing to work outdoors and in adverse environmental conditions
· Able to work with minimal supervision
· Related work experience an asset
· Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), email
· Valid Ontario driver’s license and eligible to work in Canada
· Knowledge of monitoring equipment and techniques for collecting water resources data
· OBBN Certified and/or benthic invertebrate identification experience is considered an asset
Note: preference may be given to candidates who meet Canada Summer Jobs criteria (dependent on funding):
· Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
· Have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
· Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act3; and,
· Legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Please send a cover letter and resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications no later than April 19, 2016 by 4:30 pm to:
Water Quality Specialist
Saugeen Valley Conservation Authority
1078 Bruce Road 12
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You must to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
Upload Resume (optional)
Upload your resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 8 MB.
Are you human?
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
Expected salary: $11.45 per hour
Location: Formosa, ON
Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 05:22:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear candidates, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% free of cost, please don't pay any fee or do not provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more...
Please share this job vacant to help other people