Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk
Requisition ID: 23477
The Vancouver Public Library (VPL) is the third largest public library system in Canada, with 800 staff members offering services at 21 branches across the city. VPL values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly service. Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive, and rewarding workplace.
This is elementary accounting work consisting of fairly complex clerical duties of some variety involving the processing of accounting records for the Vancouver Public Library. Responsibilities include the processing of all accounts payable/receivable transactions, adjusting library invoices of some complexity, and reconciling a petty cash fund and bank statements. Work is performed according to well-defined procedures and policies but an employee of this class does exercise independence of judgement and action on the more routine tasks, and errors in checking or processing accounts payables could result in unrecoverable amounts owing to the Department. The work is checked for accuracy and periodically reviewed by a supervisor for conformance to departmental practices and procedures.
Education/Qualifications: Completion of grade twelve, including or supplemented by courses in bookkeeping and elementary accounting. Preferably enrollment in a professional accounting course such as CPA or the equivalent, plus some related experience.
Required Knowledges, Abilities and Skills:
- Sound knowledge of the methods, procedures and practices used in processing accounts payable/receivable transactions.
- Sound knowledge of policies and procedures governing library invoicing procedures.
- Working knowledge of the accounting principles, practices, and terminology and regulations governing departmental accounting systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Ability to timely and accurately process the invoices, credit notes, and accounts payable/receivable transactions in multiple systems and making related journal entries.
- Working knowledge of office methods and procedures.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy and maintain sustained attention to detail.
- Ability to prepare standardized accounting statements and reports of limited complexity.
- Ability to create and maintain spreadsheets related to work.
- Ability to work with various accounting and non-accounting software applications related to the work.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to establish and maintain good working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts and provide routine information and assistance on matters related to the work
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team, prioritize work, take initiative to resolve issues, meeting tight deadlines and thrive in an evolving environment
The incumbent will work a regular part-time schedule four days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday).
An assessment of Accounting and Excel skills will be undertaken through testing.
Salary range: $26.36 to $30.98 per hour plus a benefits package.
While the Library thanks you in advance, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
As the Vancouver Public Library is responsible for the well-being of its patrons, a Police Record Check clearance is a condition of employment. Please refer to our policy for further information. Personal information collected is used in accordance with the BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Vancouver Public Library values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve. Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Clerical, Testing, Administrative, Part Time, Technology
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE