Job title: Articling Student, Canadian Business Immigration
Job description: The opportunity
We are currently seeking an articling student to work with the firm to work with our team of immigration professionals on multiple and challenging Canadian business immigration engagements. As part of this opportunity, the articling student will be able to contribute to the delivery of solutions and ideas for our diverse clients on a wide range of business immigration services including temporary work permits, permanent residence applications, and other immigration related strategies. Working with a diverse team of lawyers and professional staff, this position offers excellent opportunities for teaming, leadership, and career advancement to the right candidate.
Your key responsibilities
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of Canadian business immigration law and effectively apply this knowledge to client situations.
- Prepare and submit applications for Canadian employment authorizations, permanent residence, citizenship and passport matters.
- Make submissions to embassies, consulates and visa posts worldwide.
- Facilitate the legal movement of employees across borders for business travel.
- Deal with immigration-related issues ranging from expatriate and international corporate taxation to social security, provincial health insurance and immigrant trusts.
- Manage law clerks and other client service team members.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent managerial, organizational and research skills
- A high level of motivation, strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
To qualify for the role you must have
- Registered in the Lawyer Licensing Process with the Law Society
- Completed a J.D or LL.B or received an N.C.A Certificate of Qualification
- Superior academic credentials
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Demonstrated interest in Canadian immigration law. Prior exposure is an asset.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent researching skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Location: Ottawa, ON
Job date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 23:25:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE