Job title: Bid Management Specialist – Western Canada
Company: Anixter Canada Inc.
Job description: Position: Bid Management Specialist – Western Canada
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Segment: Electrical and Electronic Solutions (EES)
Anixter is a Fortune 500 company and a leading global supplier of communication and security products and electrical and electronic wire and cable. Our high-performing team works closely with customers and the community to better understand their business challenges specify cost-saving solutions and make informed purchasing decisions around technologies, applications and relevant standards.
With more than 900 employees across Canada, Anixter offers a variety of rewarding career opportunities, a wide range of benefits such as a competitive salary, generous bonus programs, a comprehensive employee benefit package and a tuition reimbursement program.
In the role of Bid Management Specialist – EES you will work closely with the Sales Organization across Western Canada. You will be part of a larger team and be responsible to build relationships with regional suppliers, position projects, and negotiate pricing along with driving regional product programs. This position will support our Western Region Business.
- Positioning of project opportunities and strategic conversations with Anixter’s vendor partners prior to, during, and after the quote stage – in line with Corporate initiatives
- Price, availability, and negotiating terms & conditions with vendor partners pertaining to customer quoting requests
- Prepare and analyze pricing matrix and provide results to Sales and Management
- Completion of project purchasing worksheet, ensuring information accuracy and Anixter’s levels of authority are obtained – transferring to Post Sales Team when finalized
- Quote log analysis with a win / loss summary and market conditions to be prepared with findings presented to Sales and Management
- Quote log pipeline and strategic review with vendor partners
- Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships and strategies
- Assist Management with the co-ordination of Global Projects
Experience & Education:
- College diploma or University degree in Business Management and/or relevant work experience
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access and Outlook).
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, with the ability to present information in audience appropriate manner accompanied by strong presentation skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills along with strong prioritization skills
- Solid track record of exceeding expectations and moving benchmarks
- Demonstrated aptitude for continuous learning
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail
This position offers you:
- Competitive base salary plus a bonus pay program to reward you for your results.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, pension with employer match.
- Exceptional training and on-going development programs to support your career growth including a tuition reimbursement program.
- Opportunities for career growth and stability with a Fortune 500 company.
We are grateful for your interest in Anixter; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Anixter Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. Anixter Inc. is also proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please notify us if you are contacted for a job interview.
EB-1654839442 About WESCO
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded FORTUNE 500® holding company headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading provider of electrical, industrial, and communications maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) products, construction materials, and advanced supply chain management and logistic services. Pro forma 2019 annual sales were approximately $17.2 billion, including Anixter International. The company employs approximately 18,900 people, maintains relationships with more than 30,000 suppliers, and serves more than 150,000 active customers worldwide. Customers include commercial and industrial businesses, contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers, and utilities. WESCO operates 11 fully automated distribution centers and approximately 800 warehouse/branch locations in North America and more than 50 countries around the world, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
To see additional opportunities with Wesco, please visit their careers site at: www.wesco.com/careers
Location: Edmonton, AB
Job date: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 08:24:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE