Building Worker (Auxiliary)
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The Building Worker is responsible for a variety of cleaning and minor maintenance tasks in and around the facilities..
Building Workers must be able to work morning, afternoons, evenings, overnights and on weekends at various locations throughout the City. Shift differential will apply when applicable
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- General cleaning.
- Burnishing, stripping and waxing floors.
- Removing recycling and waste.
- Replenishing supplies.
- Cleaning windows (using tucker pole).
- Carpet cleaning.
- Minor repairs and maintenance.
- Painting and other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a recognized certification program in building services work and some related experience.
- Experience performing a variety of routine manual tasks in care, cleaning and general maintenance of buildings.
- Experience operating and using janitorial tools, equipment and supplies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of materials, methods, safety practices and simple equipment used in janitorial and maintenance work.
- Ability to arrange an effective work schedule under minimum direct instruction.
- Good health and strength sufficient to perform a variety of routine manual tasks in care, cleaning and general maintenance of buildings.
Drivers License and Record Checks:
- A current and valid BC Driver’s License and a Satisfactory driving record an asset.
- A Police Record Check or an Enhanced Police Record Check is a requirement of this position. A clearance requires the absence of any criminal charges or convictions related to this position.
All applicants MUST attach a copy of their Building Services Work certification and any other relevant documents to their application.
Business Unit/Department: Real Estate & Facilities Mgmt (1100)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: March 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-013: $23.44 to $27.45 per hour
Application Close: February 5, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE