Job title: Department Manager, IT Applications in Mont-Saint-Hilaire for BBA inc
Job description: Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada’s Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Type of position: Regular
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, the Department Manager, IT Applications, leads the effort to grow and manage the applications teams across the BBA IT department. Our rapid growth is leading us to recruit a passionate, innovative and experienced professional with remarkable team spirit.
The IT Applications department manager is expected to provide guidance on decisions about selecting, integrating, operating and using all corporate applications. The incumbent will work closely with colleagues in infrastructure and operations (I&O) as well as the IT help desk.
– Supervising the works of all applications teams
– Leading, defining, executing and monitoring the progress of all application initiatives
– Defining project scopes, costs and effort estimates, and release schedules for internal clients in specific business areas such as:
o Business Development
o Human Resources
o Project Management
– Leading application services by managing the corporate applications portfolio (licences, contract renewals, releases and deployments):
– Enterprise solutions (ERP, ECM, LMS, ATS and many others)
– Business intelligence and data integration services
– Collaboration and telework tools (Microsoft 365, Citrix, Teams, OneDrive)
– Applications development
– Sharing knowledge and experience with others
– Advocating collaboration and innovation by seeking out new technology trends that should be brought into the workplace
– Supervising the implementation of the DevOps methodology within the various product teams
– Defining and operating the relevant metrics to track and optimize work
Work Schedule: 37.5
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills (English/French). These skills will be used to explain and publish content related to digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to technologists, and to sell ideas and processes internally at all levels, including the board or directors.
- Effective leadership skills. These skills include team building, consensus building, the ability to balance team and individual responsibilities, and achieving goals through others not directly under the leader’s supervision by working ethically and with integrity
- Ability to travel to other BBA offices
- Experience with strategic technology planning and execution, as well as policy development and maintenance
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work across business lines at senior levels to influence and effect change to achieve common goals
- Ability to effectively guide and sustain people, processes and technological changes in a dynamic and complex operating environment
- Fearlessness in suggesting or backing big ideas
- Ability to multitask on multiple projects in parallel with multiple teams
- Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Management or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- From 5 to 8 years of work experience, preferably in business or IT management and, ideally, a combination of the two
- Experience in managing an ERP team (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Championing innovation programs as a catalyst of organizational change
- Asset: Knowledge of Cloud computing
- Asset: Knowledge of the business intelligence and data warehousing concept
- Asset: Strong network of applications vendors
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.
Location: Mont-Saint-Hilaire, QC
Job date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 08:57:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE