Job title: Engineering Students Across Canada – May
Job description: Job Description
Imperial is one of Canada’s largest corporations and has been a leading member of the country’s petroleum industry for more than a century. We are the largest refiner and marketer of petroleum products – sold primarily under the Esso and Mobil brands – across the country. A proven leader in hydrocarbon research, development, production, manufacturing, distribution, supply and logistics and marketing, we offer tremendously challenging and diverse employment opportunities.
Imperial is recruiting for engineering students to assign to a variety of positions located across multiple departments and locations in Canada. You will be assigned to a specific position and department based on your interests, skills, knowledge, experience and work location preferences as well as Imperial’s business needs. Assignments can include, but are not limited to positions in the upstream production and mining business, refining and supply business, chemicals business, project engineering development and design, sales and marketing, environmental services, safety health and environment and facilities management.
You may be required to give a presentation on the assigned project(s) at the end of your work term depending on the department you are working for.
Work schedule: Full time position
Click here to hear from one of our past .
- Studying to achieve a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering
- University Engineering student available for a work term beginning in May 2021
- Currently enrolled in a University Engineering program and returning to full-time studies after the work term
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application
- Demonstrated leadership and strong academic skills
- Previous industry experience is considered beneficial, but not essential
- Commitment to safety on and off the job
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are required for all roles
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team-based environment
- A valid driver’s license and a safe driving record are requirements for certain positions
- Fluency in French is an asset for certain positions; please note in your cover letter if you are fluent in French
Start Date: May, 2021
Work term: 8 months preferred
Various locations: Alberta (Calgary, Edmonton, Cold Lake, Kearl), Ontario (Sarnia, Nanticoke).
- You will have the opportunity to work with teams of experienced employees and interact with other engineers during your work term
- Imperial supports and promotes a learning environment for all of our students, to utilize your current skills and develop new ones
- You will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, highly technical and professional engineering work environment
- Term relocation assistance is available for those who qualify
Who We Are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation and working with communities and our Indigenous neighbours to meet rising energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on a regular full-time basis without restrictions on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit. Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
January 24, 2021 at 11:59 MST.
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Job date: Sun, 03 Jan 2021 04:26:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE