Job title: Immigration Support Staff, US Business Immigration
Job description: As an Immigration Support Staff you will be a part of the U.S. Business Immigration team working in affiliation with EY Law LLP. EY’s global alliance of independent law firms cooperate with our offices worldwide to provide our clients with integrated, quality service. The firm’s comprehensive range of U.S. business immigration services include non-immigrant, labor certification and immigrant visa (green card) processing for employers and their employees, Immigrant Visa Petitions, PERM Labor Certification Applications, Permanent Resident Applications, and providing top-notch U.S. immigration advisory services where they are needed. Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Your key responsibilities
As an Immigration Support Staff, you will support multiple and challenging US business immigration engagements and contribute to the delivery of solutions and ideas for our diverse institutional clients.
Finance – 50%:
- Supporting the team’s billing processes, including downloading work in progress reports, generating and finalizing global billing templates, liaising with national finance team and creating invoice request forms
- Assisting with calls to clients’ accounts payable department to ensure invoice was received and to determine if any additional information is needed to pay the invoice
Reporting – 25%:
- Gathering, modifying, creating, maintaining and/or tracking data and reports
- Entering expiration dates for applicants’ status in tracking system
- Notifying clients of upcoming processes and steps
- Updating client status charts (where required)
Immigration application filings – 25%:
- Learning basic immigration processing categories and requirements for each category
- Drafting application packages for review by the supervising lawyer, such as premium processing upgrades, withdrawals.
- Making revisions to reviewed drafts
- Assisting in compiling and seeing that applications are filed in a timely manner
- Supporting legal assistants, such as: copying of documents, and sending out packages
- Following up with immigration authorities on pending applications
- Participating actively in meetings with professional staff of EY Law
To qualify for the role you must have
- Undergraduate university degree, college diploma, or related equivalent experience
- 1 – 3 years of administrative experience, legal administrative experience is preferred
- Demonstrated interest in finance, with hands-on experience in financial accounting and reporting
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Excellent English written communication skills
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
EY Careers site
Visit the to explore our culture, hear from our people and learn why an EY career is so valuable.
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 23:40:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!