Job title: IT/Ot Infrastructure and Telecommunications Professional (intermediate) in Mont-Saint-Hilaire for BBA inc
Job description: Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada’s Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Type of position: Regular
Designing reliable, robust networks is our teams’ primary mission in telecommunications and industrial networks. At BBA, we’re keenly aware of the impacts operational breakdowns can have and propose innovative, effective solutions that meet client requirements.
Our telecommunications specialists offer services to design, integrate, commission and manage high-performance, high-availability communication systems that are reliable and secure. Building on their experience, our experts can design critical transfer plans and orchestrate network migrations without service interruptions.
Our teams work closely to share their expertise in the fields of industrial IT, automation, optimization and advanced control as well as in energy management systems. As a result, we are able to provide our clients with an exceptional range of services and unrivalled knowledge.
The incumbent will serve as manager and technical lead for feasibility studies, preliminary engineering and detailed engineering projects in telecommunications for industrial clients. The incumbent will serve as a technical lead for deployment, maintenance or operational projects and will participate in implementing, configuring and supporting the operation of industrial IT infrastructures; he or she may also be called upon to supervise a team.
The incumbent will carry out the following activities:
- Help develop IT/OT architectures and infrastructures.
- Participate in carrying out testing for projects or at client sites.
- Configure network equipment and servers.
- Produce technical data sheets at client sites.
- Participate in rolling out and commissioning our solutions.
- Provide technical assistance at deployment and after project delivery.
- Supervise a team.
- Help manage engineering projects.
Typical profiles sought
- IT Systems Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Electrical engineer with knowledge of automation, networking or telecommunications
- Graduate in computer science with networking skills
- Proactive and seeks to excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about technology
- Good team spirit
- Driven to share and exchange knowledge
- Structured and well organized
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering with a specialization in Telecommunications and Networks OR any relevant combination of education and experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience with IT/OT infrastructure
- Basic knowledge for configuring various pieces of network equipment
- Familiar with various telecommunications and networking protocols
- Familiar with various IT/OT infrastructure technologies (networking, wireless, virtualization, cybersecurity)
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Asset: Cisco certification (CCNA)
- Asset: Knowledge of best practices in IT infrastructure design, such as server rooms and telecommunications rooms
- Asset: Knowledge of the IEC 62443 standard and good cybersecurity practices
- Asset: Familiarity with Linux and Windows systems administration
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.
Location: Mont-Saint-Hilaire, QC
Job date: Thu, 07 Jan 2021 08:13:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE