Job title: Linehaul Driver P&D / Chauffeur longue distance L&C
Job description: Open up to the Possibilities!
At Purolator, you’ll be proud knowing you’re working for a Canadian company that truly values its employees. And it’s community. This is an exciting and evolving industry and we’re leading the change as we strive to deliver the future. Here you will be empowered to help move the business forward. Each and every day. Are you open to the possibilities?
- Responsible for transporting customer freight in an effective and efficient manner
- Line haul to PQ with two overnight runs per week.
- Complete deliveries and pick-ups in both urban and rural locations as assigned
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections
- Manual usage and handling of pump truck
- Tail gate experience an asset
- Work various hours (morning, afternoon or overnight) as required
- Ability to solve problems as they arise while on road
- Build positive relationships with both our internal and external customers (dispatch, colleagues , managers)
- Comply with all Corporate Policies and Procedures
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Maintain punctual attendance
- Shunt Duties as assigned
- Valid Driver’s License: Class (enter proper provincial license, IE Class AZ or Class 1)
- Clean Driving Abstract
- Must successfully pass written & road test(s)
- Must successfully pass Defensive Driving course
- Must successfully pass Courier Methods training course
- Ability to read maps; Good sense of geographical direction
- Must be able to handle LTL freight and skids
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 70 lbs.
- Successfully complete a criminal record check and employment verification to qualify
- Obtain a clear Police Clearance Certificate when required
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem solving
- Proper scan and load techniques
- Exemplifies and consistently demonstrates our core competencies of customer focus, communication, collaboration, trust and self-development
- 3 years AZ driving experience
Location: 050 – Guelph
Working Conditions: On the Road; Warehouse Environment
Reports to: Unit Manager
Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace and we have the right people in the right roles with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills. To learn more about us and our values, go to www.purolator.com.
At Purolator, every day is an opportunity for our employees to connect with one another and with our customers to help make a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play.
Location: Guelph, ON
Job date: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 06:55:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE