With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 9,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $1.9 billion in revenues in fiscal 2020. Learn more at . : Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.Job Title: Millwright – Maintenance Mechanic
Geographic area: Victoria, BC
Work site location: Victoria, BC
We have a full time hourly position available for a ticketed Red Seal Millwright with strong industrial mechanical skills.
Requirements & Experience:
- Education: Red Seal for Millwright Journeyman.
* Work in a safe manner. Follow all plant safety rules and report any unsafe condition, correct accordingly. Working knowledge of workplace safety, codes & procedures.
* Work in a team environment to improve safety, reliability & efficiency in our work place.
* Perform mechanical repair & maintenance activities throughout the plant on equipment and facilities.
* Troubleshoot mechanical systems and automation, evaluation of alternate solutions and implementation of corrective action.
* Motors, hydraulics & pneumatic systems, bearings & gearboxes. Water heating and cooling systems. Reading blue prints and schematics. Equipment installations & rigging.
* Welding & fabrication.
* Machinist skills are required.
* Perform other related duties when assigned.
* Basic hand tools and rolling cabinet are required.
* Experience with electronics & PLC’s. AC & DC motors and controls an asset.
* Ability to operate specialized vehicles such as forklifts, scissor lifts, etc.
* Physically fit & able to negotiate inclines, stairs, ladders and scaffolding. Able to perform physically demanding activities while working in all types of extreme environments, both indoors and outdoors. Job requires bending, kneeling, crawling, stooping and standing for long periods of time. Must be physically able to push, pull, and lift 40 lbs. Ability to work in confined spaces. Working in conditions may include exposure to noise, dust.
* Basic PC skills.
* Willingness to work extended hours when and where required, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
* Verbal and written communication skills / English.
* Report directly to the Maintenance Manager. Follows verbal and written instruction with minimal supervision.
* Wage commensurate with experience.
“As part of our core values, Kennametal is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all people. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.”
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE