Office Support Clerk III – Branch Support
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
Office Support Clerk III is responsible for administrative and clerical tasks for both the Integrated Water Management, Clean Water and Utilities Modelling & Data Management branches. This includes, but is not limited to: onboarding, conducting safety orientations, eSAFs, eCAFs, time entry, updating Project Management Framework documents, maintaining branch stats (Scorecard), formatting Council Reports, using SharePoint and obtaining concurrences, creating shopping carts, issuing change orders, processing of goods receipts and service entries, resolving invoice payment issues, arranging catering for large external vendor meetings, booking travel and training for branch employees, assist with records management filing and archiving as required and other duties/responsibilities as assigned. In addition to supporting the two branches this position greets guests who arrive on the floor and directs them to their meeting rooms and liaise with the property management company if issues arise.
Key Contacts and Reporting Relationships
The position reports to the Branch Manager, Team Services, and provides direct support to three branches at Marine Gateway. Key contacts include other Engineering branches, TrioVest the building’s property management company and external COV vendors.
- Supports the onboarding of new employees to Marine Gateway, including IT and Security accesses and completes their Building Safety Orientations.
- Acts as the floor reception, greeting guests and directs them to meetings.
- Communicates Marine Gateway building issues with Property Management Company through the online reporting system.
- Updates Project Management Framework documents, maintaining branch Scorecards, formatting Council Reports, and obtaining reports in SharePoint, etc.
- Utilizes organizational software, SAP, to provide administrative support to all Engineering branches in various ways such as P2P training, shopping on behalf, service entries, good receipts, orders and approves payments for suppliers.
- Adheres to standards of the City’s Ethical Purchasing Policy as well as manage the supplies and ordering of goods in accordance to the P2P process.
- Reviews and validates Time Entry reports, ensuring that they meet time entry standards and forwards for approval to Managers OR Reviews and validates Time Entry reports, ensuring that they meet time entry standards and forwards for approval to Managers
- Ensures printers are working and maintain the toner and paper supplies for the floor.
- Provides back-up to the 11th floor Clerk with coordinating/ordering/maintaining stationary supplies from Staples.
- Provides VanDocs orientations to new Engineering Services employees.
- Arranges travel and training for branch employees.
- Uses the VanRIMS classification and retention schedule exclusively and serves as the Engineering Department’s back up Departmental Records Coordinator (DRC) for all VanDocs related issues.
- Retrieves information from paper, electronic or film based files; assisting in the scheduling and transferring of records off site and requesting file searches from external sources.
- Other administrative duties as required for Team Services, Integrated Water Management/One Water and Utilities Modeling & Data Management branches.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 including or supplemented by commercial administration courses plus sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience, is required.
- Experience as a Departmental Records Coordinator would be considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of departmental and other policies, regulations, rules, procedures and practices that relate to the position occupied or which govern worksite activities and employee behaviour
- Sound knowledge of the Engineering Services Department functions, responsibilities and activities.
- Working knowledge of standard purchasing practice and procedures.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective organization and problem solving skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and vendors is essential.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities, demonstrated competency in decision making within established business practices and rules.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and a working knowledge of standard computer software such as VanDocs, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is required.
- Proven ability to handle a heavy workload and provide exceptional customer experience
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Affiliation: CUPE 15
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: February, 2021
Position End Date: February, 2023
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-15: $25.31 to $29.74 per hour
Application Close: January 22, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. If you would like to be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity, please apply through our careers site.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE