Planning Assistant III (Transportation Planning Branch)
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The Planning Assistant III is responsible for supporting public and stakeholder engagement on transportation projects across a number of areas including walking, cycling, transit and goods movement. The position provides technical and professional support to members of the branch and assistance with public and stakeholder engagement processes on a broad range of topics such as bus priority, protected bike lanes, greenways, parking policy and urban freight.
Key Contacts and Reporting Relationships
The position reports to the Team Lead II and liaises with a variety of internal and external contacts on matters related to consultation, technical support, research, and public engagement.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Researches, collects data and prepares analysis which forms the basis for decisions and recommendations by the Transportation Planning team
- Conducts and compiles policy research to support the planning process
- Prepares graphic material and written content for transportation projects, Council reports and presentations
- Assists with public and stakeholder engagement by booking venues, speakers, catering, and supplies; distributing materials to the public; and taking notes at events
- Collects, codes and analyzes survey feedback and summarizes for internal and external audiences
- Maintains and updates records and files
- Responds to technical, written or oral enquiries from other departments and the public
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent, supplemented by courses in Planning or Public Policy, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience in facilitating public and stakeholder engagement plans
- Valid Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Sound knowledge of transportation planning and design concepts, standards, and guidelines from agencies such as the Transportation Association of Canada (TAC), National Association of Transportation Officials (NACTO), and other relevant bodies
- Sound knowledge of layout work, report design and reproduction and of graphical presentation of statistical data and planning projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication sills (written and verbal)
- Excellent consultation, research and analysis skills
- Ability to read and interpret transportation plans and specifications
- Ability to establish relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to exercise professionalism, discretion and tact
- Ability to perform moderately difficult statistical survey and analysis work
- Ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Proficient in the use of software applications such as MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: December, 2020
Position End Date: October, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-021: $32.25 to $37.97 per hour
Application Close: November 15, 2020
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE